GEOfence Error Resolution

Reaction score
I found that I was prevented from flying at a location because there is a red zone mapped there. The NFZ is in error. The location is near/at an airport which is in Class G airspace. Class E lies above at 700 feet AGL. Corresponding with DJI yields a request for:

1). A form of Identification: a copy of your driver’s license or a copy of the front of a major credit card or a copy of a national identification card, etc.
2). The attached disclaimer must be signed, confirming that you are fully responsible for your flights.
3).Flight Controller's serial number(start with 0)(It can be found in DJI Go app’s About page)
4). Unlock location longitude, latitude and the radius . Please offer me the info in the format like longitude: 1.123456; latitude: 1.123456, radius:500m.
5). Unlock time. For example from March 24th 2016 to April 24th 2016
6). Your DJI Account email
Is it possible to get DJI to fix the errors in their database? I prefer to not apply for a DJI unlock, sign a contract with them, and provide identification documents just to fly where I am legally able to do so.

Anything is possible. Give them a call and show them your charts with the corrected airspace boundaries that's been approved and signed off by that nearby airport and the FAA and if they still give you trouble ask to speak with their supervisor.

Talking with the FAA FSDO. They say that for a letter, I need to write to FAA HQ and ask for a Letter of Interpretation, and expect it to take several months.

The airport manager will call back when they are back in the office, in a day or two.

An update. I continued to push with the people who wanted me to fill out forms, and they replied that they will forward the matter to the R&D department for evaluation.

An update. I continued to push with the people who wanted me to fill out forms, and they replied that they will forward the matter to the R&D department for evaluation.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease, that's good news man. Keep on them and please keep us posted as this will surely come up again in the future for other locations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl