Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

hello folks. im a newbie on here so not yet worked out the thread structures.

anywhooo

ultimate for my p2 v plus is superb... but a curious thing is bugging me on gs. I plan a route say 4000m long. i save it and upload it select it and send it to the drone. All good. distance and time appear on the screen and off she goes. Then the odd bit. instead of the distance and time counter dropping as the mission unfolds..it goes up. Something is a bit funky here...

i have chickened out on a couple of missions because of this..the latest being a run at dawn this morning which was beautiful to behold..

any thoughts? please?

Actually, it is only a count up distance report currently; once the Phantom reaches waypoint 0 it will stop updating. It does not yet count down, but I am adding that facility.

Reactions: ForegoneConclusion
I have been back to playing with the app with pretty good success. Not sure if my phone updated or you have made some bug fixes in the program but I am not losing video anymore.

I have a request which might be operator related and not an app issue. I almost always fly beyond connectivity via mission or control and lose WiFi. I am currently switching over to the WIFI app and waiting for the Phantom to get back in range and then coming back to ultimate app. It would be nice to know what WiFi I am connected to when inside your app and further see when Phantom comes back in range and be able to reconnect inside the app. I would think the latter part would be possible.

Something like Phantom XXX is back in range do you want to reconnect?

Am I missing something?

I would like to request an option of where to save the csv files. I would like to save them to my card.

I have been back to playing with the app with pretty good success. Not sure if my phone updated or you have made some bug fixes in the program but I am not losing video anymore.

I have a request which might be operator related and not an app issue. I almost always fly beyond connectivity via mission or control and lose WiFi. I am currently switching over to the WIFI app and waiting for the Phantom to get back in range and then coming back to ultimate app. It would be nice to know what WiFi I am connected to when inside your app and further see when Phantom comes back in range and be able to reconnect inside the app. I would think the latter part would be possible.

Something like Phantom XXX is back in range do you want to reconnect?

Am I missing something?

Reconnection is an issue with the current SDK; I, as well as many other 3rd parties have been trying to find a way to make it work; ideally DJI would automagically reconnect but they don't (currently); hopefully DJI fixes it!

I would like to request an option of where to save the csv files. I would like to save them to my card.

The app can presently be loaded to the SD card.

I will add the ability to save app's files to the SD card soon.

Reconnection is an issue with the current SDK; I, as well as many other 3rd parties have been trying to find a way to make it work; ideally DJI would automagically reconnect but they don't (currently); hopefully DJI fixes it!

So is there a way to to have a drop down or something in the fly app so you can see what Wifi you are connected to?
Currently if you lose connectivity you have no idea what you are connected to.

Since you have the ability to select the wireless from your main screen I would think you have the ability to do something like Phantom XX is available again do yo want to reconnect.

Here's just a tip for those using this app. My tablet only has wifi and while I don't often do GS missions I do like to free-fly and practice in certain locations. I have cached Google Earth aerials for all of the locations I plan on flying ahead of time by setting up a GS mission for each, but only entering a single point. That will save the aerial photo for me so when I get to my flying area, I just call up the mission for that area, delete the waypoint, and start flying with the aerial as reference.

And I too am interested to know what the "MCU ERROR: Configuration Error" means. I have gotten that upon landing also. (Hey, at least I'm on the ground.)

ebab4de066588accd13488cc397b88df.jpg

I get it often as well but I think the app is more sensitive to reporting the errors.

I have not checked but is he still developing the app?

It does fly missions well. I have been using it for that a lot.

Kind of wondering if a lot of the P2V+ products will die out with P3 here.

Once again... This thing does great missions :)

Me too, a number of times.

The app reports it when the SDK tells the app it happened; I've seen it most often when the batteries get low but I rarely have actually seen it to be an indication of a 'real' problem; I think the SDK reports things incorrectly but rather than filter it out and ignore it I show it (I'd rather err on the side of caution than have something really be wrong and not let the pilot decide).

For what its work mine does it often when landing. Even with 60 - 70% battery. I have learned to ignore it. Does not happen with DJI app. Just wuth Ultimate app.

For what its work mine does it often when landing. Even with 60 - 70% battery. I have learned to ignore it. Does not happen with DJI app. Just wuth Ultimate app.

That's good to know; I've taken to set the repeat timer to 0 just so I see it once; unless I see red LEDs on the Phantom I also ignore it.

My speed indicator is not showing the correct speed. Any reason? I am not that concerned, but would like to know my correct speed.

My speed indicator is not showing the correct speed. Any reason? I am not that concerned, but would like to know my correct speed.

Which version? The new Phantom 3 version has a known SDK bug awaiting a fix from DJI; speed isn't being reported to the app so it will show 0. The Phantom 2 version should show correctly.

could this app load waypoints file from other software such as Mission Planner . . .?

It depends.

The app can load KML files which is a standard map point format used by Google Earth and other applications. If the Mission Planner app you are using can same as KML then yes, it will load.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj