Generation 1 Ipad Question

Reaction score
I have a Gen1 Ipad that I was going to use as a Monitor. I was told if the Processor was 9.1 or greater it would work. My Processor says 9.3 available, however, DJI says my Ipad is NOT compatible when I try and download the DJI Go4 App. Another Member had stated he was using his Gen1 as a Monitor. Any Suggestions anyone? I don't want to take the chance of my PRO crashing!!!

Reactions: crash1sttime
I have a Gen 1 IPad, and it won’t even let me do updates for IOS, and hasn’t for several years. Most apps require new IOS, or newer IOS to even load. Several apps I update way back when I got the IPad, won’t update either, so I had to delete them. And no, mine won’t me load the DJIgo app either. Just a suggestion, there is an app called Geek. It’s a clearing house for products that have either been returned or the box was damaged, etc. They go through them and clean them up, make sure they work, then sell them at ridiculous prices. That is where I bought my iPad 4 years ago, and have had no problem, other than I can’t update the IOS. It’s used by my grandkids for games. I was looking at some of the newer iPads to get one, and the prices are still low like they were. If the iPad is gong to be used just for the drone, it might be a good way to go.

DJI GO 4 is not compatible with the Gen1 iPad. You'll need an Apple device with an A7 or better processor.

Reactions: lmccluer
I have a Gen 1 IPad, and it won’t even let me do updates for IOS, and hasn’t for several years. Most apps require new IOS, or newer IOS to even load. Several apps I update way back when I got the IPad, won’t update either, so I had to delete them. And no, mine won’t me load the DJIgo app either. Just a suggestion, there is an app called Geek. It’s a clearing house for products that have either been returned or the box was damaged, etc. They go through them and clean them up, make sure they work, then sell them at ridiculous prices. That is where I bought my iPad 4 years ago, and have had no problem, other than I can’t update the IOS. It’s used by my grandkids for games. I was looking at some of the newer iPads to get one, and the prices are still low like they were. If the iPad is gong to be used just for the drone, it might be a good way to go.

Appreciate the Honest Feedback.... Just Apple's way of soaking you for another purchase. Sadly the Ipad 1 I have is in Excellent condition....guess I can use it as a Fishing Weight! Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah mine is in great condition as well, and it’s still works, it’s just I can’t download a newer IOS to get some of the apps I had to work. I can’t complain though, it was under $100 and even most of the newer ones currently on Geek are under $150z

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl