Front Lights No Workie After Crashie

Reaction score
As the subject so eloquently puts it, I crashed my bird (4 Advanced) and the front lights no longer come on. Inside the Go App, the lights are not turned off. They should be working. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go inside to see if it knocked something loose. I wanted to check here first before I do. Also, how do you buy replacement parts? I need the two plastic covers on the landing gear vertical leg.
Thanks!
James

The only bad thing about drones is that they are not designed to crash, I guess we all find that out eventually. Yep i would crack the phantom open and check the led wires especially where soldered on the side of the module, they may have come loose in the crash. Is the phantom still under warranty? just letting you know in doing this DIY repair will void your warranty. Landing gear covers can be purchased at a dealer or on ebay. Good luck

As the subject so eloquently puts it, I crashed my bird (4 Advanced) and the front lights no longer come on. Inside the Go App, the lights are not turned off. They should be working. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go inside to see if it knocked something loose. I wanted to check here first before I do. Also, how do you buy replacement parts? I need the two plastic covers on the landing gear vertical leg.
Thanks!
James
Sorry to read about crash,have search on ebay or similar,unfortunately cant just get clips,,they make you get set like this p4 one,,unsure about lights,i know there 3 small led lights there on small board,ive had my p4 ones out(nosy)i used fine tip screwdriver just unclips out,unsure if p4a has find my drone but theres a off on switch there aswell
1509955055516-940342513.jpg

I need the two plastic covers on the landing gear vertical leg.
Some people have managed to get DJI support to send them new covers. You can contact DJI support here. If they are not able to help you, then you can purchase a new set of landing gear here on Amazon or here on eBay. As @ianzone noted above, those covers come with the landing gear.

Inside the Go App, the lights are not turned off.
Did you check both settings?

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs-For-Photos-Video.jpg

DJI-GO-Turn-Off-LEDs.png

Reactions: F3honda4me
msinger thanks for the info. That was it. In my app it describes it as forearm lights. Now just to buy another set of landing gears.
Alan Russel I've had the bird less than two weeks. I did not get the DJI insurance, as State Farm was cheaper with better bennies. I didn't want to make such a all claim. Now that the front lights are now working, she will be like new with the replacement landing gears. Although my hands aren't quote as steady as they used to be, I think I can manage a little minor reconstructive surgery. Lol I don't expect that yo be the only crash but hopefully it will have been the worst. Off to buy new landing gears... Anyone, by chance, know why she won't record anything above 2k? Anything above that comes in extremely pixilated, huge amounts of lag, and pink and green areas covering the video. Completely unusable. Live feed does not show this distortion.

James

Anyone, by chance, know why she won't record anything above 2k? Anything above that comes in extremely pixilated, huge amounts of lag, and pink and green areas covering the video.
Did you try a different memory card? You'll have the best experience if you use one of these memory cards (or a memory card with similar specs).

The bird came with a ScanDisk Extreme 16GB card and I purchased a separate ScanDisk 32GB. I have used both and they both do the same thing. I'm wondering if my puny computer simply won't process it???

OK. So I did an experiment today. Bought brand new PNY class 10 32GB card and popper her in. Formatted the card with DJI Go 4 App, put the bladeless Roxxy on the coffee table and went through a sequence of gimbal movements starting with the 4K 60FPS and working my way down each individual step until I included all the 2K choices. Complete failure all the way down to 2720x1536 30FPS. Thinking I just may not have enough computer to watch a 4K video, I looked one up on YouTube and would you guess? I watched it with no problem. I don't think the card or my computer are the problem, although I do already know I can't edit 4K on my computer. I'm out of options outside calling DJI. I'm really new to this video stuff but here's the dig: I chose this model to get the advantages of the great camera. It's frustrating having an awesome camera that won't see its potential. I've had the bird for a couple weeks and I should be working on how to "improve my video taking skills" not still trying to figure out how to get it to work correctly. I've also done two firmware updates. the last one was a refresh at the advice of DJI for an unrelated issue. It was behaving the same way before the crash. I keep thinking it was the crash but the lower res videos work fine and it happened on the first video i took the day i got it.

Lost,
James

So I called DJI support and, yet again, their only answer was to send the bird in for diagnostics. Here's the problem with that. After the technicians confirm the crash in the flight logs, I'm likely to get an "I can't help you response, even though the problem existed before the crash for sure. I didn't bother with troubleshooting the video problem, as I figured it was my ignorance as to configuring it why the video was so bad. Thought I would learn how to fly before concerning myself with taking video. I thought to myself, "When I've learned how to properly operate it safely, I'll figure out the video issue." Then comes crash...

Take your test sd card and put it in a USB reader and head off to Wal-Mart, Best Buy or the like. Get the sales person to pop it directly into a new 4k TV, see what you get. If all the files play (and I think they will), the problem is a playback issue.
4K from YouTube is not necessarily the same as 4k from your Phantom.

From what has been stated here and other places, I do think it's the computer. Noooooo problemo. I have a good friend compiling a list of parts he needs to build me a computer to not only play the videos but to do editing, as well. With a little research I found I could have a 4k video editing PC made for 1k or less that will be more than adequate for what I want to do. I have sooooooooooo much to learn about all of this. Good thing is that for now, my laptop can playback 1920 x 1080 fairly well with only a few glitchy spots. This gives me some more time to practice smoothing out the shots. I really appreciate all the comments. Hopefully I learn a little quicker before we have anymore of the above mentioned accidents. I had to remove the gimbal assembly and the lower half of the bird in order to replace the landing gears the correct way. Even hot glued the cables back in place. Those screws on the inside are really small!!! The next time it's all about a magnifying glass for this ol turd...

James

I didn't know that YouTube automatically changed the res to play on your device until now either Techcop50. This is one of the reasons that led me to believe my laptop simply isn't fast enough to play it. Now I'm going to be impatient until it's done...

James

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl