FPV Setup: Monitor Mounting Options and Antenna Question

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As many posters here, I'm fairly new to the world of quadcopters/drones/uav's. I recently purchased a Phantom 2 (non-vision) with the v2 controller. My question has to do with some specifics with regards to an FPV setup.

This is the gear I have purchased so far:
I still need to buy a monitor mount and potentially some antennas.
With regards to mounts, I've seen several options floating around and were curious about what your suggestions were. I see some are metal, some are carbon fiber, and some are 3D printed plastic.
Here are some of the ones I've found so far, any comments would be appreciated:
As far as antennas go, I am assuming that they boost the signal range of the FPV video system, but do they also boost the range of the remote controller (for the quadcopter)?

I was looking at the Premium Combo of 5.8GHz antennas from FPVLR (5.8GHz Premium Combo) and wanted to see if this would be the best option for my setup, and is there anything else that I'm missing?

Hello Everyone,

As many posters here, I'm fairly new to the world of quadcopters/drones/uav's. I recently purchased a Phantom 2 (non-vision) with the v2 controller. My question has to do with some specifics with regards to an FPV setup.

With regards to mounts, I've seen several options floating around and were curious about what your suggestions were. I see some are metal, some are carbon fiber, and some are 3D printed plastic.
As far as antennas go, I am assuming that they boost the signal range of the FPV video system, but do they also boost the range of the remote controller (for the quadcopter)?

I was looking at the Premium Combo of 5.8GHz antennas from FPVLR (5.8GHz Premium Combo) and wanted to see if this would be the best option for my setup, and is there anything else that I'm missing?

Get this one from shapeways.
FPV Monitor Mount (Adjustable) by fusionimaging - $22.99

As the owner and designer of the Evolution3D mount I can tell you that it's built like a tank.. I spent a lot of time making sure it's hinge system was stronger than anything on the market.. Watch the video.. Never had an unhappy customer.. Lots of the reviews of my stuff all over the web as well as on my site and also on Ebay where I am a Bronze Level Power Seller.. Regards and thank you for your consideration..

Hello Everyone,

Try looking in the MOD section of this forum for some answers, might help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.