FPV goggles with Vision Plus

gfo315 said:
vico36 said:
I bought the Zeiss cinemizer, they're plugged in via hdmi to mhl connector to my note 4. I'm not quite happy with the results, it's not really immersive, the video quality is poor (to be expected since the max fpv resolution is 640x480 anyway). On top of that, the dji vision app is pretty terrible, the fpv video can't be set to full screen, it feels like such a waste of screen estate.

I believe if you really want immersive fpv, you're going to have to wait for some occulus-like goggles to be released one day (probably won't happen on the phantom 2 eh).

That's what I always say: Vision App could be way better, including tablet version, fullscreen, etc. DJI doesn't really care about this.

Only way to get fully immersive experience and feel like you're flying is to use 5.8GHz analog goggles like FatShark or Skyzone that provide [almost] instant image feedback and fullscreen.
But as we can't because of RC frequency, CloudsNeverDie's Dominator V2 with HDMI seem to be the best option.
EDIT: Plus, you can reuse these goggles if you decide to change aircraft or something, because they can work @ 5.8GHz with antennas.

Fatshark offers a 2.4 Receiver Module ......could that not be used?

offthefront said:

Not with Vision Plus - it uses 2.4 for the WIfi.

gfo315 said:
offthefront said:

yes I realize that ...... so the P2's and we have one those too .... we added Vision @ the 5.8 and its not wifi but more of just RF to recieve the data?

offthefront said:
gfo315 said:
vico36 said:
I bought the Zeiss cinemizer, they're plugged in via hdmi to mhl connector to my note 4. I'm not quite happy with the results, it's not really immersive, the video quality is poor (to be expected since the max fpv resolution is 640x480 anyway). On top of that, the dji vision app is pretty terrible, the fpv video can't be set to full screen, it feels like such a waste of screen estate.

I believe if you really want immersive fpv, you're going to have to wait for some occulus-like goggles to be released one day (probably won't happen on the phantom 2 eh).

That's what I always say: Vision App could be way better, including tablet version, fullscreen, etc. DJI doesn't really care about this.

Only way to get fully immersive experience and feel like you're flying is to use 5.8GHz analog goggles like FatShark or Skyzone that provide [almost] instant image feedback and fullscreen.
But as we can't because of RC frequency, CloudsNeverDie's Dominator V2 with HDMI seem to be the best option.
EDIT: Plus, you can reuse these goggles if you decide to change aircraft or something, because they can work @ 5.8GHz with antennas.

:cool:
The problem is you can't load the app on fatshark.

To decode the signal it must be streamed through a wifi device.

MHL

offthefront said:
gfo315 said:
offthefront said:

yes I realize that ...... so the P2's and we have one those too .... we added Vision @ the 5.8 and its not wifi but more of just RF to recieve the data?

Can't really understand your question lol, what is it?

[/quote]

Can't really understand your question lol, what is it?[/quote]

I was trying to figure out if I could use the wireless function on the Sharks ....from the video posted looks like a no .... maybe a Bluetooth Module in the future?

I'm tossing up over the Dominator V2 or HD for mhl connection to my note 3. Anyone have any thoughts over which set? I have a big melon head so I need them to fit well. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31