FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

allemtura said:
Do you think it would be possible for a future update to allow the lowering of the RE700 Range Extender power by any chance please? Main reason is so that the Sunhans 2.4Ghz booster can be used without frying it. :)

From reading around I understand that power from the repeater can peak above 20 dBm during boot (input limit on the booster) and then settle below this number afterwards, but that this varies between repeaters.

Rather than spending quite a few ££ on an attenuator, I'd like to use your app to reduce the power slightly as can be done on the other apps. I really don't want to buy a competitors app when yours works really well, especially with ICA.

Perhaps the ability to change this value could be within the iPhone's Setting app so that your main interface still stays clean with the single click button?
If you want to use Sunhans amp, lower RE700 TX power may not help. Per DJI spec, RE700 "Transmitter Power 20dBm". Per my understanding, RE700 is configured to 12dBm though it may peak 20dBm (or above) during boot. Hence, even we lower 12dBm to something else, it still peaks 20dBm during boot for 1 second or so. AFAIK, there are many forum members simply direct connect RE700 output to Sunhans without frying the amp.

However, we are researching to add ICA to the repeater end in future update.

PVFlyer said:
A new version of FPV Booster V2.2 for iOS will be released shortly. What's new in Version 2.2:
- iOS 8, iPhone 6/6+ compatible
- Remove support for iOS 6
- A new Smart Boost keeps monitoring Wifi signal every few seconds. If you out fly FPV range and get Phantom Connection Broken message, it helps shortening FPV reconnection time when you fly back in range.

Any chance you also consider putting the ch7 control which you had working in this release?
There is no telling how long it will be before dji releases their new firmware, and further there is no real guarantee that they will even have ch7 control....

PVFlyer said:
allemtura said:
Do you think it would be possible for a future update to allow the lowering of the RE700 Range Extender power by any chance please? Main reason is so that the Sunhans 2.4Ghz booster can be used without frying it. :)

From reading around I understand that power from the repeater can peak above 20 dBm during boot (input limit on the booster) and then settle below this number afterwards, but that this varies between repeaters.

Rather than spending quite a few ££ on an attenuator, I'd like to use your app to reduce the power slightly as can be done on the other apps. I really don't want to buy a competitors app when yours works really well, especially with ICA.

Perhaps the ability to change this value could be within the iPhone's Setting app so that your main interface still stays clean with the single click button?
If you want to use Sunhans amp, lower RE700 TX power may not help. Per DJI spec, RE700 "Transmitter Power 20dBm". Per my understanding, RE700 is configured to 12dBm though it may peak 20dBm (or above) during boot. Hence, even we lower 12dBm to something else, it still peaks 20dBm during boot for 1 second or so. AFAIK, there are many forum members simply direct connect RE700 output to Sunhans without frying the amp.

However, we are researching to add ICA to the repeater end in future update.
I further tested 2 other apps to change RE700 TX power again, while I did a few times in the past. It's confirmed that they both could NOT change (neither increase nor decrease) RE700 TX power as advertised. Don't be fooled by such irresponsible/cheating advertisement. You may refer to "Comparison Between FPV Booster and Other Apps (2014-08-24)" section in the OP for details.

However, RE700 TX power is about 20dBm per my brief testing though the configuration is 12dBm. I suspect DJI hardcoded 20dBm on RE700 drivers, thus there is NO effect no matter how the configuration or other apps sending commands to change it.

Thank you PVFlyer!

So if the peak is only during boot, I could in theory connect the booster cable after it has boosted up (say 10 seconds after). I guess it would depend whether the power boost occurs whilst establishing a connection (in which case plugging in the booster after power on wouldn't work), or whether it really is just as you switch it on.

We could do with someone who has one of those power meters testing it out... :)

Foosy said:
PVFlyer said:
A new version of FPV Booster V2.2 for iOS will be released shortly. What's new in Version 2.2:
- A new Smart Boost keeps monitoring Wifi signal every few seconds. If you out fly FPV range and get Phantom Connection Broken message, it helps shortening FPV reconnection time when you fly back in range.

Any chance you also consider putting the ch7 control which you had working in this release?
There is no telling how long it will be before dji releases their new firmware, and further there is no real guarantee that they will even have ch7 control....

+1 As far as I've been able to tell, we have just one unconfirmed rumor in a youtube video of a possible DJI solution. PVFlyer, it sounded like you were pretty close to finishing the work on channel 7 before this rumor popped up. Any chance for finishing ch 7, or is there just too much work left for you to take the risk of a possible DJI solution at some point?

ToddSmi said:
Foosy said:
PVFlyer said:

+1 As far as I've been able to tell, we have just one unconfirmed rumor in a youtube video of a possible DJI solution. PVFlyer, it sounded like you were pretty close to finishing the work on channel 7 before this rumor popped up. Any chance for finishing ch 7, or is there just too much work left for you to take the risk of a possible DJI solution at some point?

+1

Just bought my copy of the Booster App V2, I had fantastic results beta testing, i just never got to post my results due to my Wifi transmit module stopped working.

Anyhow replaced the module and the V2 app seems to be more impressive than the first release. i love it, my transmitter control
bums out before the Wifi now.

Looking forward to the possible 7th channel manipulation.

Dan

There is also the thought that if DJI ever does include channel 7 functionality, we may prefer the way yours functions better. I too would encourage you to include it if it would be possible...

Seriously, I'm tired of begging for this. We were more or less told this was going to be a a feature of the new app. Then we get the so called u tube rumor and that's it. I think FPV Booster was having trouble getting it to work and that rumor was pretty much a good excuse to drop it.
I'm sure I'll get hammered for this , but why else stop working on it ? Could of sold a bunch of these apps by now.

Mori55 said:
Seriously, I'm tired of begging for this. We were more or less told this was going to be a a feature of the new app. Then we get the so called u tube rumor and that's it. I think FPV Booster was having trouble getting it to work and that rumor was pretty much a good excuse to drop it.
I'm sure I'll get hammered for this , but why else stop working on it ? Could of sold a bunch of these apps by now.

Why is everyone badgering about 7th channel. He said they were working on it and then quit not much else to be said. We buy the booster app and get exactly what we pay for a booster app. I'm perfectly happy with that if we get any other features great if not oh well.

I would gladly pay a little extra for the ch. 7 implementation. We don't have to be rude about it though. The guys have so far made us the best app for adding some distance for flying and they have done a wonderful job. I really hope they will consider doing the ch. 7. implementation regardless to whatever DJI do....

What will the 7th channel allow people to do?
I thought it was to control camera ?

That's exactly what it will allow, to tilt the camera without having to touch the screen of your mobile or whatever device you use to run the DJI Vision app.

According to my sources, DJI is going to implement CH-7 tilting in a very different way. I'm pretty sure no matter how we implement it, the next (or next 2) FW update is very likely to break it. Thus, our CH-7 wouldn't last long anyway, maybe a few months.

We have been focusing to deliver P2V (non-plus) booster, which we promised months ago. We will revisit our plan after releasing P2V booster.

See this thread for Control Mounted Camera Tilt... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25939

It's just a work around... and it's not a simple one... and it requires root/jailbreak... but it gives camera tilt function and a few other on screen functions without taking your hands off the controller... (I know... that mod is a pain in the *** but it works and it works NOW)

DBS said:
See this thread for Control Mounted Camera Tilt... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25939

It's just a work around... and it's not a simple one... and it requires root/jailbreak... but it gives camera tilt function and a few other on screen functions without taking your hands off the controller... (I know... that mod is a pain in the *** but it works and it works NOW)
Thanks for sharing this excited mod with comprehensive parts list, video and documents. However, it's way more complicated than most of P2V+ users/pilots can handle to DIY.

We have been exploring a complete innovative way for camera tilting control (no CH-7 required), shot picture, start/stop video, etc. by software without requiring to touch VISION app and keeping both hands on RC. There is no hardware mod required.

PVFlyer said:
We have been exploring a complete innovative way for camera tilting control (no CH-7 required), shot picture, start/stop video, etc. by software without requiring to touch VISION app and keeping both hands on RC. There is no hardware mod required.

Cool, how does it work? Voice rec? :)

Btw, I bought your app. I went out in the field to test it. First I wanted to see how far I could get without the booster.. But the controller signal dropped about 1km distance. So there was no way (and no need) to test the booster app. Any advice on increasing the control signal range?

Just because it nice, here is a screenshot for my max distance :)
Screenshot_2014-09-23-16-53-48.png

Phantomhoofy said:
I would gladly pay a little extra for the ch. 7 implementation. We don't have to be rude about it though. The guys have so far made us the best app for adding some distance for flying and they have done a wonderful job. I really hope they will consider doing the ch. 7. implementation regardless to whatever DJI do....

Well put!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor