FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

sbarton said:
Just checked out the FPV Booster app for Android. Wasn't really able to get much further range than normal (could be due to weather), but it seemed to reconnect much faster after loosing the connection. :)
Please refer to FAQ section on the first page "Q5. How to test it working? What should I do if I could not achieve expected FPV result?" to seek support and provide required information.

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Mori55 said:
Any idea when the new booster will be out for IOS?
?
If you are referring to original Vision (non-plus) booster app, I think we can start beta testing iOS version by the end of this week.

Great news PVFlyer. I assume we will be able to load booster app. into Vision using IOS but still use Andriod vision app. for FPV. Please correct me if I am wrong.

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Mori55 said:
Any idea when the new booster will be out for IOS?
?
If you are referring to original Vision (non-plus) booster app, I think we can start beta testing iOS version by the end of this week.
No , I'm talking about the + app , the new one with different stettings. I have your original one now.

enterprise1 said:
Great news PVFlyer. I assume we will be able to load booster app. into Vision using IOS but still use Andriod vision app. for FPV. Please correct me if I am wrong.
For P2V booster app, we have been implementing in a complete different approach. It would install/uninstall a component into RE500 repeater by a single click. Once you installed the component, it's residing in RE500 until you uninstall it. This component should help to double FPV range without increasing TX power, say boosting from 300m to 600m.

We have been testing (not much field test so far) whether to "boost" P2V aircraft by lowering TX power and applying interference control, or simply leave it unchanged.

Mori55 said:
No , I'm talking about the + app , the new one with different stettings. I have your original one now.
Oh..I see, I think you are referring to FPV Booster Pro with various interference control levels. As we ceased CH-7 development weeks ago, I have been planning to add some great stuff for the Pro version, which is a lot larger plan. I need to arrange additional development resources to cope with that plan.

There are multiple enquires about a warning message after boosted on Android FPV Booster V2.1. I added this question/answer to the FAQ section as below.

Q11. Why do I get a Warning message of "You have installed other apps on this Vision+ aircraft, which may have impact to FPV Booster."
FPV Booster detects some non-DJI configuration or components installed on your Vision+ aircraft, which is probably changed by user or installed by other apps. As we only test FPV Booster on stock Vision+ aircraft, the warning is due to uncertainty about any impact/conflict between FPV Booster and those non-DJI configuration or components.

I know I am pretty late for the party but as a buyer of the first version of the app, How do I get the V2 of the booster app???

We did a field test today on FPV Booster for Vision (non-plus) with complete stock P2V aircraft and RE500 repeater. It reached around 300m (640x480 15fps) before boosted, and achieved 800m (640x480 15fps) after boosted. We are pretty satisfied with 160% improvement.

P2V_Booster_800m.png

PVFlyer said:
There are multiple enquires about a warning message after boosted on Android FPV Booster V2.1. I added this question/answer to the FAQ section as below.

Q11. Why do I get a Warning message of "You have installed other apps on this Vision+ aircraft, which may have impact to FPV Booster."
FPV Booster detects some non-DJI configuration or components installed on your Vision+ aircraft, which is probably changed by user or installed by other apps. As we only test FPV Booster on stock Vision+ aircraft, the warning is due to uncertainty about any impact/conflict between FPV Booster and those non-DJI configuration or components.

Is this warning something you just added?

I cant figure out what could be on my Phantom to cause this. I have ran your app and the utility app. Possible that its the utility app or old version of it that wrote something to the aircraft?

rrmccabe said:
PVFlyer said:

Is this warning something you just added?

I cant figure out what could be on my Phantom to cause this. I have ran your app and the utility app. Possible that its the utility app or old version of it that wrote something to the aircraft?
That's just a warning message from FPV Booster if non-DJI stuff detected on your Vision+ aircraft. You may ignore it if you don't care. Otherwise, I suggest you to check with the other apps developer and identify what changes made to your Vision+ aircraft or how to rollback to stock DJI stuff.

Is this something you just added....

I was not getting the message a couple days ago.

umair239 said:
I know I am pretty late for the party but as a buyer of the first version of the app, How do I get the V2 of the booster app???
We offer a 3-DAYS (from 2014/09/11 to 2014/09/13) period (almost free) upgrade to Version 2.1 last week viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=2080#p233095

Unfortunately, it seems you missed that upgrade period. I couldn't think of any better way for the time being unless re-purchase it.

PVFlyer said:
This checking/diagnostic is available in FPV Booster V2.1. What did you change or install in the past few days?

As far as I know I have installed nothing. But have your app and Tacos app deciding on which one to use. Its possible that his app has installed something :)

I am asking him too. He is not as responsive as you are though. I am sure I will hear back in a day or two.

rrmccabe said:
PVFlyer said:
This checking/diagnostic is available in FPV Booster V2.1. What did you change or install in the past few days?

As far as I know I have installed nothing. But have your app and Tacos app deciding on which one to use. Its possible that his app has installed something :)

I am asking him too. He is not as responsive as you are though. I am sure I will hear back in a day or two.
You may take a look of "Comparison Between FPV Booster and Other Apps" in the OP for reference. Pay attention to "NOTICE:" section.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT