FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

That's fine whatever you called. TX power was well documented in the OP if you read them carefully.

From your theory, Apple does not need to get/fight a simple enough patent of Slide-to-Unlock on smartphone.

I'm eager and waiting to see you prove your codes (or any values set in LuCI) really working in real flight (field test) instead of BS in my thread. You may consider to fly/use 640x480 15fps Preview Quality that most of FPV Booster pilots flew in our scoreboard.

Both tx power and distance were well documented far before you had a great idea to set them with your app. You're using them in a documented way, so you haven't bring anything new to the world, you just slightly simplified the life for those, who don't want to bother themselves with linux stuff.

So you're insisting your app doing something useful besides setting these two values? :)
You know, most of your program is written in java, that decompiles pretty much to the source. libfpvbooster.so you're using to hide (x+4)/6 is also easy to decompile to the source as HexRays for ARM is now publicly available...
If I publish these sources showing there's nothing else there, will you continue this pointless insisting? Maybe it's time to think twice? :)

As for "bs in your thread", I can prove each and every one of my words regarding your program with evidence -- disassembly, decompilation, strace traces, anyone with minimal skills can repeat these steps to check me. That's concrete evidence, program can't do something that's not in its code, program in well-designed OS like linux can't interact with the outside world (including other programs, drivers, OS itself, anything) without issuing syscalls, that's the basic of the practical computer science. Your only argument in this dialog was "but it improves distance". I'm not arguing with that, I'm stating that your program is not doing anything besides the mentioned shell commands (and you've lied about one of them), particularly it does not implement any "interference control algorithm". So who is writing bs here?

dci said:
Both tx power and distance were well documented far before you had a great idea to set them with your app. You're using them in a documented way, so you haven't bring anything new to the world, you just slightly simplified the life for those, who don't want to bother themselves with linux stuff.

So you're insisting your app doing something useful besides setting these two values? :)
You know, most of your program is written in java, that decompiles pretty much to the source. libfpvbooster.so you're using to hide (x+4)/6 is also easy to decompile to the source as HexRays for ARM is now publicly available...
If I publish these sources showing there's nothing else there, will you continue this pointless insisting? Maybe it's time to think twice? :)

As for "bs in your thread", I can prove each and every one of my words regarding your program with evidence -- disassembly, decompilation, strace traces, anyone with minimal skills can repeat these steps to check me. That's concrete evidence, program can't do something that's not in its code, program in well-designed OS like linux can't interact with the outside world (including other programs, drivers, OS itself, anything) without issuing syscalls, that's the basic of the practical computer science. Your only argument in this dialog was "but it improves distance". I'm not arguing with that, I'm stating that your program is not doing anything besides the mentioned shell commands (and you've lied about one of them), particularly it does not implement any "interference control algorithm". So who is writing bs here?
99.9% Of folks on here dont give a **** and dont understand the stuff you write on here seems like you are just here to stir up trouble now please go away and dont come back :evil:

saltire said:
99.9% Of folks on here dont give a **** and dont understand the stuff you write on here seems like you are just here to stir up trouble now please go away and dont come back :evil:
I'm not here for you to like me.
I bought this program because author promises up to 50% range improvement over just setting tx power because of the magic algorithm.
I didn't see any improvement whatsoever. I also didn't find any signs of the mentioned algorithm in the program.
I treat this situation as a scam.
I've already got a refund, but I also want a public apology for such a scam.
That's all.

Prove me wrong.

I'm with you DCI... its not the point that it improves distance (which it apparently does).. its the fact that he claims it does it in some mysterious way that he wont elaborate on. I was so close to buying this app but if it only increases power and nothing more then there are cheaper and more ethical ways to do it. If that's all it does and he's app just makes it easier for everyone to activate then that's fine. people will still pay but dont claim something that isn't true.

DCI your logic is sound and i get where your coming from.

My 1st post and my 2 cents worth.

Dire said:
I'm with you DCI... its not the point that it improves distance (which it apparently does).. its the fact that he claims it does it in some mysterious way that he wont elaborate on. I was so close to buying this app but if it only increases power and nothing more then there are cheaper and more ethical ways to do it. If that's all it does and he's app just makes it easier for everyone to activate then that's fine. people will still pay but dont claim something that isn't true.

DCI your logic is sound and i get where your coming from.

My 1st post and my 2 cents worth.
Dire=Troll
You said it it apparently does improve distance and why should he divulge how it works it does and thats all that matters fair play to the guy i bet his bank account is looking fine .

Saltire.,.... yes i said that... but so does just increasing the power.... i get your need to justify you paying the man cos it does what it says.... just not in the way he says it does..
I ( and DCI?) are not asking him to divulge anything .... just asking him general questions about this algorithm.( that he avoids answering)

note: i will not resign to vilifying anyone on here by calling them anything (like, for instance, a troll)

saltire said:
Dire=Troll
You said it it apparently does improve distance and why should he divulge how it works it does and thats all that matters fair play to the guy i bet his bank account is looking fine .
He advertises his software as having technologies that aren't there.
It's like you're buying a phone marketed as LTE and later discovering it's only has HSPA. Well yes, HSPA is also fast, it's doing much better than EDGE, but you're still fooled by the seller.

tx-power and distance parameters are well documented and can be set with bare hands. I don't need any additional software to do this.
I bought this app because it's advertised it can lower interference (and it's a killer feature) and further improve distance.
It looks possible to control interference -- by surveying WiFi networks across and choosing the best channel to work on, for example.
This app doesn't do anything with interference, it just sets the tx power and distance parameters.

That's the point.

dci said:
Can you indicate where (URL please) "tx power and distance were well documented far before you had" for Vision+? Hope you are not referring to generic home/business Wifi router/repeater stuff.

dci said:
If you insist "setting these two values" (or whatever other values) performing the same or even better, why you are so reluctant to prove it right by flying your Vision+. Don't tell me you are not a Vision+ owner. I thought it's pretty straight forward to prove by start screen recording on your iOS/Android device and fly until "Phantom Connection Broken", then post/share your video with us.

PVFlyer said:
Can you indicate where (URL please) "tx power and distance were well documented far before you had" for Vision+? Hope you are not referring to generic home/business Wifi router/repeater stuff.
This features are not in any way specific to phantom, they're specific for atheros/madwifi (and maybe others) drivers and usermode linux tools to talk with these drivers (iwconfig/iw depending on linux distribution).
So I see nothing wrong in linking to OpenWRT (that runs on the phantom unmodified) documentation as I did a few posts ago.
LuCI (also not specific to phantom in any way) contains even better explanation on this parameters, I can attach a picture for you this evening if you want.
These features works the very same way on any Linux+WiFi device with this PHY, be it phantom, or access point or laptop as they're built on the same hardware and work with the same standarts and limitations. Technically this part of the phantom is a flying access point (plus ser2net process for telemetry and lighttpd for gallery), running on the access point Atheros SoC.

Algorithm on finding the correct values is also the same for all such a devices -- set the desired distance (if driver supports it) and increase tx-power until your antennas or matching circuit start limiting you. Most common way to measure throughput and link reliability in numbers is iperf util.

PVFlyer said:
If you insist "setting these two values" (or whatever other values) performing the same or even better, why you are so reluctant to prove it right by flying your Vision+. Don't tell me you are not a Vision+ owner. I thought it's pretty straight forward to prove by start screen recording on your iOS/Android device and fly until "Phantom Connection Broken", then post/share your video with us.
Assertions I don't even have a phantom is humorous, I've posted strace of your program running on it. :)

Also I've posted all the logic and automation here, so anyone can check it, even you. It shouldn't perform better, it should perform just the same.
Maybe I'll take a video next time I'll be flying outside the city, but this definitely won't happen in the next few days. This will also require me to buy your app again with some other account (as google only allows one refund per app per account).

After all, I believe you'll find excuses for (or just ignore) the video proof, like that happened with strace showing you lied about set distance command. :)

I suggest to get a cheaper version in the 2 app stores, $1 is a nice price for this short coded program, think it would be a no brainer for any Phantom flyer to install this "boost" option, I just wonder why DJI is not implementing this in their app ...

BGevaerts said:
I just wonder why DJI is not implementing this in their app ...
Because you're likely violating local laws by rising tx power. 2.4GHz is VERY busy band so almost every country and state has some limits on outdoor usage of this band.

That's also the reason DJI has controllers with different power for FCC (stronger) vs CE (weaker) for different countries (this however can be switched in a second with a screwdriver).

dci said:
PVFlyer said:
This features are not in any way specific to phantom, they're specific for atheros/madwifi (and maybe others) drivers and usermode linux tools to talk with these drivers (iwconfig/iw depending on linux distribution).
So I see nothing wrong in linking to OpenWRT (that runs on the phantom unmodified) documentation as I did a few posts ago.
LuCI (also not specific to phantom in any way) contains even better explanation on this parameters, I can attach a picture for you this evening if you want.
These features works the very same way on any Linux+WiFi device with this PHY, be it phantom, or access point or laptop as they're built on the same hardware and work with the same standarts and limitations. Technically this part of the phantom is a flying access point (plus ser2net process for telemetry and lighttpd for gallery), running on the access point Atheros SoC.

Algorithm on finding the correct values is also the same for all such a devices -- set the desired distance (if driver supports it) and increase tx-power until your antennas or matching circuit start limiting you. Most common way to measure throughput and link reliability in numbers is iperf util.

PVFlyer said:
Assertions I don't even have a phantom is humorous, I've posted strace of your program running on it. :)

Also I've posted all the logic and automation here, so anyone can check it, even you. It shouldn't perform better, it should perform just the same.
Maybe I'll take a video next time I'll be flying outside the city, but this definitely won't happen in the next few days. This will also require me to buy your app again with some other account (as google only allows one refund per app per account).

After all, I believe you'll find excuses for (or just ignore) the video proof, like that happened with strace showing you lied about set distance command. :)
OIC, you simply assume Vision+ is standard OpenWrt/Linux 802.11 AP/repeater. It's no wonder you apply home/business Wifi concept to Vision+. If you can extract the C coding (not Java) in VISION app, you may know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I have been waiting patiently for your proof. I'm sorry that I would not reply to your posts until I see some concrete proof. I bet most of other members may not be interested in this until they visualize something meaningful.

come on PVFlyer..... you either have no idea how your apps works or you are avoiding the question..... DOES YOUR APP HAVE MORE TO IT THAN AJUSTING THE WIFI POWER??

dci said:
BGevaerts said:
I just wonder why DJI is not implementing this in their app ...
Because you're likely violating local laws by rising tx power. 2.4GHz is VERY busy band so almost every country and state has some limits on outdoor usage of this band.

That's also the reason DJI has controllers with different power for FCC (stronger) vs CE (weaker) for different countries (this however can be switched in a second with a screwdriver).
OMG, do you think the FCC/CE mode controlling the power of 2.4G? I just could not believe you lack of this basic knowledge Mr. malware analyst. :evil: Read the manual please.

Per this kind of nonsense answer, I cannot stop suspecting you really own a Vision+ or just trolling.

PVFlyer said:
OMG, do you think the FCC/CE mode controlling the power of 2.4G? I just could not believe you lack of this basic knowledge Mr. malware analyst. :evil: Read the manual please.
Of course no one will hunt for you until you're causing any trouble.
But in order to sell their devices legally, DJI need a certification and during this certification the appropriate government office will examine the device. That includes EM emission in ALL bands.
Didn't you know that?

14 Posts and all just slagging this guy who made an app take it to pm and stop filling the board up with crap.

PVFlyer said:
Anyway, I have been waiting patiently for your proof. I'm sorry that I would not reply to your posts until I see some concrete proof. I bet most of other members may not be interested in this until they visualize something meaningful.
strace is not concrete enough for you? You can just repeat my steps and prove me wrong, that's so easy!

saltire said:
14 Posts and all just slagging this guy who made an app take it to pm and stop filling the board up with crap.
I'm sorry you have to read this. If I was the author, I've admitted that little marketing tricks a few pages ago.

dci said:
PVFlyer said:
Of course no one will hunt for you until you're causing any trouble.
But in order to sell their devices legally, DJI need a certification and during this certification the appropriate government office will examine the device. That includes EM emission in ALL bands.
You're so angry and ignorant at the same time, it makes me happy.
I think 95% of our forum members with a bit RF knowledge on Vision+ knowing well what's VERY wrong in your previous post/answer. You seem still unaware of it. Folks, please don't feed the troll. Goodbye Mr. malware analyst. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164