FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Doesn't really make any difference if you upgrade or not. This app does exactly nothing... well nothing except suck money out of your wallet.

rbhamilton said:
Doesn't really make any difference if you upgrade or not. This app does exactly nothing... well nothing except suck money out of your wallet.

Your statement is technically wrong.
Any type of wifi analyzer can prove that this application enhances the pv2+'s wifi power output.
Just see the network with the SSID not exposed

Smb said:
rbhamilton said:

Your statement is technically wrong.
Any type of wifi analyzer can prove that this application enhances the pv2+'s wifi power output.
Just see the network with the SSID not exposed
There are 3 common misunderstandings probably some users don't read carefully (1) it doesn't boost 5.8G control range (2) it doesn't work on Vision (non-plus) and (3) it doesn't help on hardware failure. They all sound common sense, but...

PVFlyer said:
There are 3 common misunderstandings probably some users don't read carefully (1) it doesn't boost 5.8G control range (2) it doesn't work on Vision (non-plus) and (3) it doesn't help on hardware failure. They all sound common sense, but...

You missed one.

4) Doesn't do anything at all.

rbhamilton said:
PVFlyer said:

You missed one.

If you can provide the required information per FAQ, we are willing to help.

A typical 1-star rating and review from Google Play.

Review: Issues from the beginning As soon as I tried to use this application, I had issues. I did everything by the book and was in a clear area, no luck. I was losing WiFi 290 ft. out and 261 ft in altitude. I even tried different image resolutions. I'm certain, I wasted my money.

Reply: If the FPV range (before boosted) is significantly shorter than DJI's specification 500m-700m, it might be hardware/software issues of DJI products. FPV Booster is unable to address DJI's hardware/software issues.

Investigation: If the FPV range is only 290 ft (way below DJI spec 500m-700m) with/without booster app, it's likely DJI hardware/software or some environment/operational issues .

rbhamilton said:
PVFlyer said:

You missed one.

5) you are a troll.

rbhamilton said:

You should do some light reading then post again.

rbhamilton said:

rbhamilton,
you are the only one from what i can see that says that!
And you keep repeating it over and over!

I for one do use this booster app and have found that it DOES work to improve FPV range PERIOD!!!!

tizzl10 said:
WebMaximus said:
There's a rbhamilton in every forum I've learned from years of forum surfing.

yeah..ignore this troll. clearly he can't read.

clearly he can't test it also. :cool:
:lol:

PVFlyer,

Another new record, 6,011.5 ft distance. My Preview was set at 640 x 480 15fps.

Attachments

• photo4.PNG
    photo4.PNG
    424 KB · Views: 426
Mako79 said:
rbhamilton said:

You should do some light reading then post again.

I'm glad you guys find it works for you. I'm just reporting what it does for me. Which is a short report: Nothing.

I know it's supposed to increase the range and stability for your video down-link. It doesn't do that for me. I get the same exact video down-link picture quality, stability, range, FPS - everything EXACTLY the same - whether I'm running the App and "boosted" or not using the app. So for me, it does absolutely nothing.

This isn't really a problem because my video is rock solid all the way out to the limit of my control signal. Provided I've got a solid line of sight I've had mine out to 1970m (upgraded antenna) and no issues with the video at all. I shouldn't have purchased the app in the first place - clearly I didn't need it. But before I found out the app makes zero difference for my flights my 15 minutes had already passed.

But as I said, I'm glad it does something for you.

What happens when you lose connectivity while boosted? I assume the boost stays until the bird is powered off?

My boosted connectivity seems to be fine until I lose it and then its tougher to regain (which of course could be because I am way the heck out there). But the main issue I am having which seems to only happen when I am running the boosted app is after regaining connectivity the FPV is froze. The telemetry is still updating. I have flown all the way home and landed and the FPV image is still stuck on a view 6000' away.

I am going to make some long runs this weekend without the boost to see if it stops but right now it only seems to be associated with boosting in my case with Android S4 device.

rrmccabe said:
What happens when you lose connectivity while boosted?

Same thing that happens when running Angry Birds. As I said, the app makes zero difference whether running or not running.

I have not experienced loss of video signal while flying (with or without being "boosted") so what happens for me is that I get a message saying "control signal lost" then a moment later I get a message saying "return to home". I can see the video down-link the entire time. I can see the drone turn around and watch what it sees all the way back. Once it's come back a bit I can flip the SW1, regain control and fly it back manually or send it off somewhere else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31