FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

WebMaximus said:
PVFlyer said:
We are likely to release Android version FPV Booster V2.1 within a couple of days, hopefully before this weekend.

That would make for a great birthday gift for my birthday on Sunday together with the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED glasses I received a couple of days ago :)

The new features you've mentioned such as automatic and dynamic adjustments depending on the environment you're flying in sounds really interesting!
Please don't be confused. Such "dynamic adjustments" feature is NOT yet available in V2.1 and still under research stage.

However, we implemented a new framework loading into V+ aircraft for V2.1 Smart Boost feature. The new framework keeps monitoring (scanning every few seconds) Wifi signal of V+ aircraft, and adjusts boosting whenever necessary when out fly FPV range with "Phantom Connection Broken". This should help to regain FPV much faster in some circumstances. If you don't out fly FPV, then you are unaware of any effect.

When we need to implement the "dynamic adjustments" in future, we can load the same framework to both V+ aircraft and repeater for the same purpose.

PVFlyer said:
However, we implemented a new framework loading into V+ aircraft for V2.1 Smart Boost feature.

This means that the P2V+ is changed permanently loading additional software?

Smb said:
PVFlyer said:
However, we implemented a new framework loading into V+ aircraft for V2.1 Smart Boost feature.

This means that the P2V+ is changed permanently loading additional software?
No, once you power cycle, it's gone. You need to boost it (one single click) before every flight.

PVFlyer said:
PVFlyer said:
For Android, we are about to release FPV Booster V2.1 within a week or so.

In general, we are working to apply interference control algorithm (ICA) on the repeater end. In addition, we have been researching to adjust TX power/ICA dynamically and automatically based on different range and environment (rural/urban).
We are likely to release Android version FPV Booster V2.1 within a couple of days, hopefully before this weekend.

Now, you really got me excited!
Will 2.1 support chan7 on android?
Do you know if it will work with the moverio glasses?

Foosy said:
The booster app V2.1 does not support CH-7, while the next release of autopilot firmware should support CH-7 according to DJI.

AFAIK, there is no simple way to install our booster app on Moverio BT-200 because of Google Play store is unavailable on it. You may refer to FAQ section in the OP - "Q9. Can I boost Vision+ aircraft from one device and fly FPV with another device (including Epson Moverio BT-200)?"

PVFlyer said:
The new framework keeps monitoring (scanning every few seconds) Wifi signal of V+ aircraft, and adjusts boosting whenever necessary when out fly FPV range with "Phantom Connection Broken". This should help to regain FPV much faster in some circumstances.

That would be really nice.

PVFlyer said:
Foosy said:
The booster app V2.1 does not support CH-7, while the next release of autopilot firmware should support CH-7 according to DJI.

AFAIK, there is no simple way to install our booster app on Moverio BT-200 because of Google Play store is unavailable on it. You may refer to FAQ section in the OP - "Q9. Can I boost Vision+ aircraft from one device and fly FPV with another device (including Epson Moverio BT-200)?"

Hmmm.... That gives me an idea for your next version, which relates to another thread I wrote: can you make your booster app be a repeater such that 2 devices could get the signal? Would be great if for example the moverio could just get the video and an iPad would get the bidirectional control and video.

Thoughts?

2 questions.

1. If I've paid for the android one already, will it be a free update to 2.1? (I assume yes).

2. Is there any way of increasing FPV bandwidth for 720@15FPS range at close range? 50 meters @ 720 would be perfect for detailed shots and larger screen devices. I know your answer will be no because DJI app is proprietary.

I hope they are listening.

Foosy said:
PVFlyer said:
Foosy said:

Hmmm.... That gives me an idea for your next version, which relates to another thread I wrote: can you make your booster app be a repeater such that 2 devices could get the signal? Would be great if for example the moverio could just get the video and an iPad would get the bidirectional control and video.

Thoughts?
If you want to mirror the screen from iPad to Android device, you may take a look of Reflector http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/ or some similar apps. Anyhow, you may face the same issue of how to side load the apps to BT-200. Our booster app is not designed for that purpose.

PVFlyer said:
If you want to mirror the screen from iPad to Android device, you may take a look of Reflector http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/ or some similar apps. Anyhow, you may face the same issue of how to side load the apps to BT-200. Our booster app is not designed for that purpose.

Help me out here - I have downloaded a trial version of Reflector to see what it's like. I have a particular project in mind for it. However when I connect my macbook air to my iphone 5, the mirror image of the phone is actual size - ie tiny. Is there any way of making it full screen?

FPV Booster V2.1 for Android is ready to release as a free upgrade to our booster app users. Unfortunately, we have been struggling a critical technical issue in the past few days when upgrading the app in Google Play as below.
------------------------------
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s): [ SHA1: B0:EB:4B:34:FA:66:8F:8F:2C:80:80:17:62:70:0E:0F:79:2A:06:6D ] and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s): [ SHA1: F4:38:FF:A5:87:38:C7:A7:D1:34:2C:11:FE:CC:47:86:E2:C4:80:0D ]
------------------------------
My dev. buddy is 120% sure the signing certificate is exact the same as previous version, which is essential for upgrading an app in Google Play. He submitted a case to Google tech support, but it seemed the tech support is not very helpful in the past few days. I'm unsure how long it's going to take resolving the issue, or it may not be resolved at all.

In the scene, the only option is to release V2.1 as a new app in Google Play. We would like to open a 3-days (or certain days) window for free download of the app as a free upgrade, and hope those Android paid users downloading V2.1 within the 3-days window. My key concern is there must be some paid users missing such window, and Google does not offer any redeem code mechanism to allow us giveaway to those paid users.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for update and diligence in looking for work around.

When will the IOS version be available. Still wondering if DJI is really going to enable channel 7 , is this just a internet rumor ? I saw Simons video , but does he have some info from DJI ? I know their pretty tight lipped about what's going on with firmware updates.

Is the 2.1 version of the app available on PlayStore? I don't see it. If it isn't yet, can you please post a direct link for us paid users to download it? Thank you

umair239 said:
Is the 2.1 version of the app available on PlayStore? I don't see it. If it isn't yet, can you please post a direct link for us paid users to download it? Thank you

The way I understood it they have been facing problems uploading the new version so until that has been resolved the new version won't be found in Play Store.

WebMaximus said:
umair239 said:

The way I understood it they have been facing problems uploading the new version so until that has been resolved the new version won't be found in Play Store.
In fact, we are planning to create a new app under another developer account to release Android booster V2.1. I will post a link once we get ready for that.

PVFlyer said:
In fact, we are planning to create a new app under another developer account to release Android booster V2.1. I will post a link once we get ready for that.

Doing that way will it be possible to upgrade the current version if the developer is not the same?

WebMaximus said:
PVFlyer said:

Doing that way will it be possible to upgrade the current version if the developer is not the same?
The current version V1.0 cannot be upgraded. That's why I proposed free download of V2.1 in 3-days window for free upgrade.

PVFlyer said:
WebMaximus said:
PVFlyer said:

The current version V1.0 cannot be upgraded. That's why I proposed free download of V2.1 in 3-days window for free upgrade.

Ah, I didn't get that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl