Found a DJI phantom porfessional drone

will find out today if she fires up
When you do this, keep a hand on that battery and be ready to very quickly remove it. You will know within 3-4 seconds. Examine the battery contacts in the AC very closely before you try the battery.

ok no you have me worried a little
If there is internal corrosion from sitting in the weather, rain etc....there could possibly be a short or more than one which might cause an over current situation which would be the same thing as shorting out the battery directly. That's why I said to check those contacts in the aircraft first to make sure they are not corroded and/or shorted. These batteries also have internal electronics that control the discharge times and are firmware matched to the aircraft they fly with. I'm just pointing out to be careful and be ready to pull the battery. Once you turn the battery on the aircraft will beep and then commence what is known as the "Gimbal Dance" if this does not happen withing a few seconds turn off the battery and pull it quickly, this is just a safety precaution.

Are sure your turning the battery on correctly?

With the battery in your hand.
Tap & Release the power button, then press and hold the power button until the lights light up. If the lights stay on for 5 second or more then the battery is powered on, then slide it into the Phantom.

Rod

It is supposed to be registered, Yes. But without the registration number it does no good. Some, also put information inside the battery compartment.
All drones upon getting started are registered to DJI with its serial number which is written on the label inside the battery compartment.
DJI will know email, name and address of owner. If all fails, buy a remote controller and fly it yourself.
Good luck

That is how your Drone activates it’s one year warranty with DJI... as soon as you hook it up to controller and turn it on for the first time it prompts to register.

Are sure your turning the battery on correctly?

With the battery in your hand.
Tap & Release the power button, then press and hold the power button until the lights light up. If the lights stay on for 5 second or more then the battery is powered on, then slide it into the Phantom.

Rod
I really don't think plugging the battery in "hot" is a good idea, like was mentioned earlier if there's a problem it could be disastrous! The batteries internal electronics will protect against shorts etc,,,, however with a hot battery your still at risk, it only takes 0.6-0.8th of an amp to kill a person, and brother these batteries can be lethal! I believe it to be much safer to plug it in then press release press again and hold to turn the battery on, if there's an issue the battery won't turn on because of its international electronics!

First- Remove the props. You sure don't want the drone in your workshop deciding upon power-up to RTH. (Return to Home).

well it didn't do anything when battery was plugged in (It was fully charged)
bummer
Hi Tom. I think you contacted me. I'm in Southeastern PA. You told me it was a Phantom 4k which I didn't have a controller for. I have controllers for a P3 Professional. Bring it by and I can check it out. Thanks. Mark.

We plugged the battery in then powered it up
The battery stayed lit up but nothing happened
Didn’t leave in very long like 10 seconds

Reactions: RodPad
Ok . Maybe the mainboard is bad. Excessive moisture and these drone do not get along. Bring it by i can do further testing if you want. I'm in Downingtown.

Reactions: RodPad
it has a battery but its dead can it be recharged?
Its really good that you are trying to find the owner - good on you mate.

Reactions: 3putts
Its really good that you are trying to find the owner - good on you mate.
It is nice of you to try and find the owner. BUT you said it has been over a year since it was found?? The owner has moved on to new and improved. If you don't want it, give to someone who might needs parts to fix theirs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20