Found a DJI phantom porfessional drone

I'm not the one who found this one the one that did has had it for about a year
setting in garage so the battery has been dead awhile

It is supposed to be registered, Yes. But without the registration number it does no good. Some, also put information inside the battery compartment.

I was going to get on my soap box and say how important it is to have your reg# and contact information somewhere it's clearly visible, but I think I've beat that poor dead horse long enough.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
In that instance it's a write off. I wouldn't even try to charge it. With the information you provided there may not be much of a chance of finding the owner. One last suggestion would be to contact whomever did find it and get an accurate location of the area. GPS location would be better, but if not minimally city,state, province etc...and as much detail of the general area as possible. Start a different thread with photo's of the aircraft, and a different thread title, that is about all you can do at this point.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
I think I've beat that poor dead horse long enough.
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

worth new I'd want a label with all my contact info and reward listed

Yeah, too many pilots think about that AFTER their drone is MIA. The ONLY reason my Phantom was returned to me last year after it was MIA was because my contact info was clearly visible on the outside. If it wasn't for that, I never, and I mean NEVER, would have got it back. Now both of my Phantoms have a weatherproof ID tag on them.

how much moisture can they take before shorting out
I really don't want to spend 80$ on a battery to find out its shot

how much moisture can they take before shorting out
I'm going to call DJI and see if they have the owners name attached to the serial #

I don't blame you for that. Just to see if it fires up, you can get a good used Phantom 3 battery on ebay for less than $20, sometimes a lot less. Since you don't have a charger for the battery, you'd need to get the seller to charge it to at least 50% before they ship it to you. That should be doable.

I'LL TRY THAT thanks

Good luck with that. As Fly Dawg indicated above, typically, a Phantom landing will take place within a local area, unless it was carried by the wind. Even then, you'll get ~20 - 25 minutes of flight on a fully charged battery before it automatically lands to avoid crashing.

You could ask, if someone is in your area has a phantom 3 p. Maybe they could check it out for you. They would know more about its condition than you would.

FYI, all of the P3 series Phantoms use the same battery, so it doesn't have to be the same model as yours. Battery from a P3S, P3A, P3SE, or P3 Pro would all work. Good luck.

Yeah, too many pilots think about that AFTER their drone is MIA. The ONLY reason my Phantom was returned to me last year after it was MIA was because my contact info was clearly visible on the outside. If it wasn't for that, I never, and I mean NEVER, would have got it back. Now both of my Phantoms have a weatherproof ID tag on them.

Where did you buy your weatherproof tag from? Or did you make it. I need one.

Where did you buy your weatherproof tag from? Or did you make it. I need one.

There's no shortage of sellers who can make ID tags. I found a seller on eBay who will make a registration/ID tag for you out of weatherproof 3M material (in various colors) for not a lot of money. My tags each have three lines, but there's a link below to give you an idea of what they look like. If you don't see a size you like, tell him what size you need. He's good to work with on custom sizes. I bought a tag for both of my Phantoms.

FAA DRONE REGISTRATION TAG DECAL STICKER, ENGRAVED, WHITE | eBay

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen