Reaction score
I found a drone and want to try to get it back to the owner
help me find them if possible
how do I tell what model it is
it has a 4k camera
says on it phantom professional
is it a 3 or 4
tom

Examine the aircraft for the FAA registration number or any contact information. Also, on the front will be a metal plate as to the model. Phantom xxxxxx Lastly, if you are not familiar withe the Phantom, look on the side of the camera plate, there is a micro SD card in a slot. Pull the card and examine it on the computer, the owner may have placed a contact point there along with the footage from the aircraft flight.
Those would be starting points.

Also, if the SD card on a Phantom 3 is on the camera plate below the actual aircraft as I said. If it is a Phantom 4 it will be on the side of the aircraft itself.

is it possible it registered to FAA?
It is supposed to be registered, Yes. But without the registration number it does no good. Some, also put information inside the battery compartment.

by the way I have no experience with drones period
but I may get to be if I cant find the owner
if I cant find them and if this one still works can it be used with a new controller ?

by the way I have no experience with drones period
but I may get to be if I cant find the owner
if I cant find them and if this one still works can it be used with a new controller ?
Yes, but it will need to be re-registered both with DJI and the FAA.

should I take pics would that help
That would help, yes. If it is not severely physically damaged, or been exposed to much rain, it could be just fine.

how do I see if it will fire up with out buying a new battery?
If there is no battery you will need a battery and a charger. If you have the battery, you will need the charger.

it has a battery but its dead can it be recharged?
Possibly, but that will be iffy at best, depending on how long it has been sitting, or if it is damaged internally in some manner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan