Follow me won't work

I have been using my GLO for a year and I find it is more accurate than the GPS in the iPad with cellular sevice (GPS functionality). I turn mine on and link it to the iPad via Bluetooth and put the GLO in my shirt pocket. My only problem has been to remember to take it out of my pocket and turn it of when I am finish flying. My wife says that is because I am a dumb s____.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I agree. Not with your wife, but that some higher quality external GPS devices can be a bit more accurate. Probably not enough to make much difference either way considering the overall accuracy of consumer GPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Received the GLO and now everything works perfectly. Thanks a lot for the help. I will try to keep it out of the wash machine

Reactions: Oso
I am confused about GPS vs WIFI.. Lets say I have my GPS enabled android phone in Flight Mode (no cell access). Should follow-me work on my P3P??

I thought it should work but it doesnt.. red lights flashing all round until u switch off ac and restart. Has anyine ekse had this issue. Fix?

I noticed a huge GPS accuracy degradation with IOS 10 and beyond. I believe Apple reduced the update frequency to extend battery life. Using a GLO linked to IOS device clearly demonstrates the IOS device GPS latency.

Reactions: Quest-So and JoBe
I noticed a huge GPS accuracy degradation with IOS 10 and beyond. I believe Apple reduced the update frequency to extend battery life. Using a GLO linked to IOS device clearly demonstrates the IOS device GPS latency.
Odd - I've not noticed the slightest change on my Air 1 or 5S.

Odd - I've not noticed the slightest change on my Air 1 or 5S.
I wonder - maybe it is my iPhone 7 - change from 6 to 7 sort of coincided with my observations. So my assumption that it could be due to IOS 10+ may be mistaken.

I wonder - maybe it is my iPhone 7 - change from 6 to 7 sort of coincided with my observations. So my assumption that it could be due to IOS 10+ may be mistaken.
I'd expect that the accuracy would improve with each generation TBH. I really do not know of any tech business which has reliance on GPS for its own mapping service would take the decision to decrease the accuracy of that feature - what would be the point?

I'd expect that the accuracy would improve with each generation TBH. I really do not know of any tech business which has reliance on GPS for its own mapping service would take the decision to decrease the accuracy of that feature - what would be the point?
It is not so much decreasing accuracy it is more LATENCY that is the issue. Simply reducing the sampling frequency (as it appears to me).

It is not so much decreasing accuracy it is more LATENCY that is the issue. Simply reducing the sampling frequency (as it appears to me).
....which, as you stated in your original post, effectively amounts to the same thing. From what I've witnessed, there is almost zero position update LATENCY on my Air (for fun) or 5S (for real) when I've used them for nav. Actual position accuracy seem to be on par with all other "consumer standard" GPS.

Yes. The GPS polling frequency has been reduced slightly to help with battery life. This is f'd for peeps who use smartphones for navigation. I am into geocaching, and its common knowledge that the hand held GPS units are more accurate than any smartphone. In fact, if we see someone geocaching with a smartphone, we know they are newbs since it is not accurate enough to give a small enough radius to find tiny caches.

You are in the wrong part of the forum. This thread is on P3P/A. These models do not have Active track.
It seems like so many peeps use the wrong forum. Maybe we need to just combine them already since there are not many P3 users left.

Yes. The GPS polling frequency has been reduced slightly to help with battery life. This is f'd for peeps who use smartphones for navigation. I am into geocaching, and its common knowledge that the hand held GPS units are more accurate than any smartphone. In fact, if we see someone geocaching with a smartphone, we know they are newbs since it is not accurate enough to give a small enough radius to find tiny caches.
Interesting. Where did you get that info - from someone in DJI, I guess?

It seems like so many peeps use the wrong forum. Maybe we need to just combine them already since there are not many P3 users left.
Given the number of new threads, I think a majority of original purchasers still have them. The issue is when they use the app, as there isn't a differentiator between models.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164