Follow me mode problems

Reaction score
Okay, so I searched around did some reading can't really find much as far as an answer. I can't seem to get follow me mode to work. I have my home point set to the controller / mobile device. I take off in P mode, then after Airborne I switch to F. At about 30 feet up and 40 feet out I adjust my camera on myself. I click the little remote icon at the bottom left then the menu comes up for the flight options. I choose follow me icon. I click apply but nothing seems to happen, p3p just hovers there. I've tried different distances and I just can't seem to figure it out. I've read the directions over and over I checked all my notes that I've written down step by step process for follow me mode and I just can't seem to get it to work. Any thoughts or ideas?

Okay, so I searched around did some reading can't really find much as far as an answer. I can't seem to get follow me mode to work. I have my home point set to the controller / mobile device. I take off in P mode, then after Airborne I switch to F. At about 30 feet up and 40 feet out I adjust my camera on myself. I click the little remote icon at the bottom left then the menu comes up for the flight options. I choose follow me icon. I click apply but nothing seems to happen, p3p just hovers there. I've tried different distances and I just can't seem to figure it out. I've read the directions over and over I checked all my notes that I've written down step by step process for follow me mode and I just can't seem to get it to work. Any thoughts or ideas?
If you are using a P3 adjusting the camera on yourself does nothing. The device you are using with your remote must have gps location and active. With the P3 follow me mode simply compares its own gps location to that of your device and keeps a relative distance between itself and your device.

If you are using a P3 adjusting the camera on yourself does nothing. The device you are using with your remote must have gps location and active. With the P3 follow me mode simply compares its own gps location to that of your device and keeps a relative distance between itself and your device.
Yes, I understand that my mobile devices is what it works with. GPS is on my phone and working. Still no action from the Drone when I put it in follow me mode

Yes, I understand that my mobile devices is what it works with. GPS is on my phone and working. Still no action from the Drone when I put it in follow me mode
Check this video out...

Okay, yes I believe I've done everything right as far as I know. I watch the tutorial video many times over and I'm doing everything it says to in the exact order. I get the same screen and everything looks good until it's actually time to hit apply. However the blue box that is beside the satellite signal, that never came up for me. (It kind of looks like a person with an arrow)

Also, I'd like to add that I have done all the other modes as far as waypoint's point of Interest, home lock Etc. All those fine without any glitches at all. I'm just totally baffled.

A majority of issues we've seen since Follow Me was added with FW v1.4 are issues with GPS at the RC location. Specifically, issues with GPS on the mobile device. Your described symptoms sound just like it's an issue with GPS on your mobile device.

A lot of times it has been people trying to do Follow Me with a WiFi only iPad which doesn't work of course because that device is not GPS enabled.

Other times it has been settings on an Android mobile device. Since you are currently using older Android devices, I would first be 100% sure that you have location and location method set correctly.

Good luck!

A majority of issues we've seen since Follow Me was added with FW v1.4 are issues with GPS at the RC location. Specifically, issues with GPS on the mobile device. Your described symptoms sound just like it's an issue with GPS on your mobile device.

A lot of times it has been people trying to do Follow Me with a WiFi only iPad which doesn't work of course because that device is not GPS enabled.

Other times it has been settings on an Android mobile device. Since you are currently using older Android devices, I would first be 100% sure that you have location and location method set correctly.

Good luck!
Ok, thank you in get a chance today I'll check and recheck
You think maybe phone is to slow? I'm u don't a Samsung j7 sky pro, so its not a real great expensive phone or anything. Like I said thoigh, all other modes work great.is this the only mode that used the device gps? I'm guessing maybe so.?

Ok, thank you in get a chance today I'll check and recheck
You think maybe phone is to slow? I'm u don't a Samsung j7 sky pro, so its not a real great expensive phone or anything.
In general yes, I think that device is not a good choice for use with the GO app. As you've seen in your other thread however, it's can work to some degree as mentioned by someone.

Like I said though, all other modes work great. Is this the only mode that uses the device gps? I'm guessing maybe so.?
Yes, you mentioned this earlier. It's one of the symptoms commonly described with Follow Me issues.

When someone does not have active GPS capability on their mobile device, they are also not able to manually reset their home point to the location of the RC. We get that post often as well. Are you able to do that? It would be good to check as part of your troubleshooting.

Reactions: JoBe
this is also what happens to me with my mini 2 wifi only. no follow me. i was upset for a few minutes but follow me is not that great anyway so i dont miss it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20