Follow me not working

Reaction score
Follow me mode isnt working, however the other modes work. It says im too far away no matter how close i get. Someone said he bought a new tablet and it works fine, but i dont want to buy a new tablet. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, I have noticed the same issue. If you only start DJI GO App (3.1.2) the blue dot is your mobile-device location and on all my android devices it is offset about 1.2 KM to the left. That's why in the DJI GO App you get a message the vehicle is to far away.

Mvgrt
Royco

Follow me mode isnt working, however the other modes work. It says im too far away no matter how close i get. Someone said he bought a new tablet and it works fine, but i dont want to buy a new tablet. Any suggestions?

I had same problem yesterday with android tablet. To far away. Tablet has gps. Will try phone next time. See what happens.

I have opened a case at DJI for this. I have this issue on two Android devices with the DJI GO App, DJI GO4 App does not have this abnormal behaviour. Now I have installed DJI GO 3.0.1 and this version is functioning perfect. On iPad also no issue.
Regards Royco

Mvgrt
Royco

I have opened a case at DJI for this. I have this issue on two Android devices with the DJI GO App, DJI GO4 App does not have this abnormal behaviour. Now I have installed DJI GO 3.0.1 and this version is functioning perfect. On iPad also no issue.
Regards Royco

Mvgrt
Royco

Running version 3.1.2 can't go back with updates.

DJI has a fix in beta and it works.
I would suspect it will be publicly released real soon.
In the mean time, get version 3.1.1 or 3.1.0 from APKMirror.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Running version 3.1.2 can't go back with updates.
Sure you can. Uninstall 3.1.2. Turn on sideload, Google how to do that for your device.

Disable auto updating on your device.

Install older version of dji go.

Or, don't fly untill update is released and automatically installed.

Reactions: nl2rma
Sideloading: If you not sure what your doing please don't. You need to find and download an older DJI App and these files CAN be altered and install additional software (malware/virus).

Mvgrt
Royco

Hi, I have noticed the same issue. If you only start DJI GO App (3.1.2) the blue dot is your mobile-device location and on all my android devices it is offset about 1.2 KM to the left. That's why in the DJI GO App you get a message the vehicle is to far away.

Mvgrt
Royco
So, whats the solution?

Regards Royco

Mvgrt
Royco
I did the same thing, worked great. Now its making me update and i cant do anything without updating.

I believe I have the same problem. The distance between the drone and the remote is way off. I'll be within 20 ft of the drone and I'll get readings of 5,000 ft - 9,000 ft.
Check out the numbers in the lower right hand corner of my screen.

And Follow Me won't work because it says the aircraft is too far away.

Using version 3.1.28 of the app and flying a Phantom 3 Pro.

Screenshot_20180102-161432.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94