Flying stupid and crashed- DJI Select info needed

Reaction score
Flying stupid today. I’m not that good yet and I decided to descend into a homes backyard. I was going to hover and do a 360° turn around in the yard. WelI screwed up crashed it broke the landing gear all four pieces at the Drone.
Fortunately I had DJ I select so it was $99 with a prepaid label and that’s good. Who can tell me how long it takes them to receive it turn around and get it back to me? It’s a UPS shipment so potentially five days but I won’t be leaving until Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.
I feel really stupid. Really embarrassed. And really pissed off but then again I guess flying a drone is like a hard drive it’s not if but when.
Does everybody crash?

Does everybody crash?
At some point, most likely yes. Pilot error can be controlled. Hardware and/or fimware/software, or maintenace issues cannot be. Double edge sword really, but with proper flying skills one will far outweigh the other in avoidance of such.

Yes I can say I had mishap with flax tree while back,was my own fault , 1 sec lapse of concentration it was tied up in a bush,only broke a prop so very lucky,only crash to date but it don't have to be your fault to crash,it just happens sometimes,it's good to get that part out the way , I think the odd crash makes you better,,,get some new legs and get back on that horse and fly

Flying stupid today. I’m not that good yet and I decided to descend into a homes backyard. I was going to hover and do a 360° turn around in the yard. WelI screwed up crashed it broke the landing gear all four pieces at the Drone.
Fortunately I had DJ I select so it was $99 with a prepaid label and that’s good. Who can tell me how long it takes them to receive it turn around and get it back to me? It’s a UPS shipment so potentially five days but I won’t be leaving until Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.
I feel really stupid. Really embarrassed. And really pissed off but then again I guess flying a drone is like a hard drive it’s not if but when.
Does everybody crash?
Just out of curiosity did you get new landing gear,,,if not me has some for the p4p,,,I buy ages ago for p4 but not read add proper,they not fit p4,,I'm sending someone else something and could probly post them to you,no good sitting here in the parts box,I not own a pro,anyway post me if keen,,since I in good mood they might be free unless you get some faster depending on you location
20180903_211918.jpg

Yes I can say I had mishap with flax tree while back,was my own fault , 1 sec lapse of concentration it was tied up in a bush,only broke a prop so very lucky,only crash to date but it don't have to be your fault to crash,it just happens sometimes,it's good to get that part out the way , I think the odd crash makes you better,,,get some new legs and get back on that horse and fly
Many thanks! Most everyone is so encouraging!

Just out of curiosity did you get new landing gear,,,if not me has some for the p4p,,,I buy ages ago for p4 but not read add proper,they not fit p4,,I'm sending someone else something and could probly post them to you,no good sitting here in the parts box,I not own a pro,anyway post me if keen,,since I in good mood they might be free unless you get some faster depending on you locationView attachment 103109
Big thanks! You’re very generous! It’s going out today back to DGI for repairs. Thank you so much again!

Does everybody crash?
To be honest with you, the only drones that I ever crashed were the cheapest one. The ones that you can buy for $40 bucks. I never crashed a DJI drone. When I bought mine, I first read how to setup it, how to update the firmware and do the calibrations. You only do the calibrations once and never again. I have a few DJI drones and they are solid as a rock if you fly with caution. Try to always fly in an empty field without trees, to practice flying safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez