I never thought I'd be this stupid!

A P4Pro would give you the video you're looking for on a stable platform but it is much larger to carry then the mavic 2 Pro. They're just available,used, for a lot less money, if that is an object. Besides, you've already got batteries. Have fun my friend

Reactions: Weston Ney
Yes, I will never use this for commercial use. When I get my part 107 I'm going to buy the mavic 2 Pro. The reasons I don't want to use this for commercial use are one, because it is somewhat unstable, and has a lot of error messages. especially now after its second crash, first crashed by the first owner... Second, it's not the best quality drone, the footage looks okay on YouTube, and on my laptop screen, but when played on a larger computer screen or TV, it doesn't look very good, so I would want a better quality drone if I was asking someone to pay for my work.

Thanks for the advice!
Hey Weston if you think the Phantom is unstable you might wanna try flying the mavic before you purchase if you have not already I tend to find it more unstable than the Phantom. Def flies differently might be me

Reactions: Capt KO
Try a real (P4P) Phantom, one in perfect condition. You’re gonna end up with two anyhow make one a Mavic and one a phantom. Resale the one you don’t want but I think you’ll keep both. Love your videos hope you’re flying soon.

The strongest tape I have ever used is Flex Seal tape, you must have seen the commercials. Once you put it on it's nearly impossible to pull off and its water proof. I used it to cover a one inch hole in my above ground pool that was hit with a stone while mowing the lawn. The water was gushing out like a hose and it sealed it right up.

Quick update everyone, I bought new props, (the low noise props because they were the only true oem ones I could find on Amazon Prime, and yes they are much lower pitched making their perceived loudness much less!) calibrated the severely messed up imu, and the drone flies perfectly fine! Camera and gimbal work great too! So happy! Just need a new shell and possibly a replacement gimbal yaw arm.

I just bought my dream camera and it was a little expensive so I don't have enough money for a new drone right now so I'm glad it still works! [emoji16]

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

Heck yeah good to hear. You could make a video how to replace a phantom 4 shell... just a thought lol no pun intended. Content is content. Glad she's sorta good to go though.. haha
HAPPY NEW YEAR

As we always said in the flying helicopter business, there are two types of pilots, those who have hit trees and those who are going to hit trees.

Same goes for drones. There are those who have hit trees or wires or other, and those who will hit them.

As we always said in the flying helicopter business, there are two types of pilots, those who have hit trees and those who are going to hit trees.

Same goes for drones. There are those who have hit trees or wires or other, and those who will hit them.
Nah your wrong.

If you are relying on your depth perception to fly your drone here is the rule:
YOU WILL CRASH YOUR DRONE.
depth perception is actually a complicated subject but basically human depth perception is not good at all.
We can tell in front or behind pretty well but how far in front we are really bad at.
If I have to fly in tight quarters for a job, I never rely on depth perception, I position myself so that I am looking from the side.
depth perception is not part of Airmanship and should never be used to perceive position.
Now that you've crashed your drone you need to have it professionally repaired or you not being at all responsible and are putting yourself and others at risk. Professional pilots don't fly crashed drones (ok, your not a professional). While it might see ok, it is closer to a critical failure than it was.
I mean I get it - your just a kid with a toy and you don't care. If you would fly with a "ton of errors" then you just don't care about safety.
Certainly not unusual. Now I get why the FAA needs to reign in drones.

depth perception is actually a complicated subject but basically human depth perception is not good at all.
We can tell in front or behind pretty well but how far in front we are really bad at.
If I have to fly in tight quarters for a job, I never rely on depth perception, I position myself so that I am looking from the side.
depth perception is not part of Airmanship and should never be used to perceive position.
Now that you've crashed your drone you need to have it professionally repaired or you not being at all responsible and are putting yourself and others at risk. Professional pilots don't fly crashed drones (ok, your not a professional). While it might see ok, it is closer to a critical failure than it was.
I mean I get it - your just a kid with a toy and you don't care. If you would fly with a "ton of errors" then you just don't care about safety.
Right? Like everyone else is like “oh I’m so sorry!”. He shouldn’t have been flying near a power line in the first place. Crashing a drone into a power line could be catastrophic, and start a fire.

No I'm just someone that doesn't have enough money for a new drone or a ridiculously expensive repair. I am a very good pilot, but mistakes happen to everyone, especially when you least expect.

By the way I am working on repairing it I do not need to have it repaired professionally I literally just took apart the gimbal all the way down to the yaw arm, removed it, heated it up, bent it back into shape, and rebuilt the gimbal. A very difficult task.

And also I never will fly if I see compass or imu errors. The errors I have been flying with are gimbal errors.

jcd21 wrote:
depth perception is not part of Airmanship and should never be used to perceive position

I have to disagree with the above statement. It all depends on the pilot and his/her experience. I've been flying since the 1950s. In all this time I've flown PIC in everything from Light Single and Multi Engine Airplanes and Helicopters, to Old Radial Engined Multi-Engined Heavy Airplanes up through the Heavy Multi-Engined Helicopters and Hi-Altitude Modern Fan Jet Airplanes and even though I've come down in flames or missing crucial parts I counted on my Depth Perception on every flight! Every time I Long-Line Lifted (120' + Cable) and Precision Placed Loads (within inches) with Helicopters, my depth perception was crucial! It took a while with my drones but I caught on! Every one is different!

10secs is a long time to not look at the screen (if video stream is available), especially when power lines, bridges and autumn trees are present. Goodluck with repair. Lesson learned I guess?

RoOSTA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31