Flying Panorama missions with Litchi possible?

What's your favorite app to shoot panoramas?

• Autopilot

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Litchi

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Dronepan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
I'm using Litchi for panos with the same iPad and have never had it crash. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app might help.

With DJI Ultimate Flight you can create panorama waypoints with up to 4 rows and 7 photos per row. You also have options to create flat (horizontal) or vertical shot series. If you fly an Inspire then you can get 8 photos per row.

Other than AutoPilot, that doesn't use waypoint SDK I don't know of any other app that will give you panorama waypoint operations.

While this might be possible it just seems too risky in terms of accuracy and way to complex to set up
You don't need to move at all.

Set up three waypoints each for 1/3 of the pano. Then move them on top of each other. EXACTLY on top of each other. Copy the lat/lon and altitude from the waypoint that's in the target location.

It will do exactly what you want to do, without moving at all for the entire set of shots.

I've used this technique to change altitude at a precise location. Had no problems at all. Not sure what you think is risky about this, any more than navigating from waypoint to another any other time.

You don't need to move at all.

Set up three waypoints each for 1/3 of the pano. Then move them on top of each other. EXACTLY on top of each other. Copy the lat/lon and altitude from the waypoint that's in the target location.

It will do exactly what you want to do, without moving at all for the entire set of shots.

I've used this technique to change altitude at a precise location. Had no problems at all. Not sure what you think is risky about this, any more than navigating from waypoint to another any other time.

The firmware blocks points if they are at the same location, they need to be separated by .5m. What you suggest can work, just change each point's altitude .5m.

I only mention this because it's unclear if your instruction says you need to change altitude.

The firmware blocks points if they are at the same location, they need to be separated by .5m. What you suggest can work, just change each point's altitude .5m.

I only mention this because it's unclear if your instruction says you need to change altitude.
Didn't know that. The reason it worked for me is because the only thing I've ever used this technique for is to change altitude!

Anyway, given that a change of altitude can get around the limitation in the firmware, it would certainly be possible to do this with 5 waypoints on top of each other -- 1,3,5 do the pano rows, 2,5 are an alittude change.

Basically, shoot a row, pop up and down a few meters, get the next row, repeat.

Cumbersome, but seems like a complete solution to the problem.

Didn't know that. The reason it worked for me is because the only thing I've ever used this technique for is to change altitude!

Anyway, given that a change of altitude can get around the limitation in the firmware, it would certainly be possible to do this with 5 waypoints on top of each other -- 1,3,5 do the pano rows, 2,5 are an alittude change.

Basically, shoot a row, pop up and down a few meters, get the next row, repeat.

Cumbersome, but seems like a complete solution to the problem.

This is basically how UF does it. Otherwise UF would have the same limit as Litchi. I move up .5m if panorama needs more actions (and points). UF does the calculation so you don't need to.

Sure, that's no problem. Just make sure to uncheck "Curved Turns".
Uncheck "Curved Turns"? The only thing I can find is in "settings" "straight lines".

Thanks

Uncheck "Curved Turns"? The only thing I can find is in "settings" "straight lines".

Last edited:
Mission panos are completely possible without limitation in Hanger autopilot.
IOS only, and latest devices are needed due to the processing load.
Works great!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl