Flying in other countries!

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. I am traveling around Southeast Asia for the next four months and I want to bring my new P3A along. I was wondering how I can fly in other countries if I don't have an international cellular data plan for my iPhone. Can I fly with my phone on airplane mode? Can I fly with just the controller and no smartphone attached? Will the live feed still work?

Please don't worry about the local government rules in the countries I will be visiting, I can take care of looking that up on google.

Please also feel free to add any information that might help me flying in other countries.
Thanks!

just put your phone in airplane mode before using dji go app so it doesn't try to load anything. you can always fly without data, it just won't show the map of where you are at if you don't load in in advance.

Reactions: cubsfan3825
Hello, first time poster here. I am traveling around Southeast Asia for the next four months and I want to bring my new P3A along. I was wondering how I can fly in other countries if I don't have an international cellular data plan for my iPhone. Can I fly with my phone on airplane mode? Can I fly with just the controller and no smartphone attached? Will the live feed still work?
You don't need a cell phone connection at all for flying your Phantom anywhere in the world.
Your Phantom has an antenna in each leg and the controller has two antennas.
Your live view comes in via radio waves direct from the Phantom, not via the phone network.

Reactions: cubsfan3825

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers