flying in a neighborhood

Reaction score
So, I live in a normal neighborhood . I don't fly my DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ too often in my neighborhood.I always go to a desert area 10 minutes from my house to fly. So I was wondering if I could fly it in my neighborhood? With out police and crazy neighbors attack my phantom. So am I safe or not,also there is a lady who lives a couple houses down and she doesn't even let kids play in front of her house so is that a risk too? respond please

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Zach. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

While you could fly there you are better off going to your other location. Especially if you have a complainer living nearby. I am in a similar situation and I just go to one of the local parks. Besides, flying in your neighborhood gets boring real fast. Safe yourself any hassles and fly out in the desert or look for new rural or other interesting places. ;)

Reactions: Zach2.0
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Zach. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

While you could fly there you are better off going to your other location. Especially if you have a complainer living nearby. I am in a similar situation and I just go to one of the local parks. Besides, flying in your neighborhood gets boring real fast. Safe yourself any hassles and fly out in the desert or look for new rural or other interesting places. ;)
ok thanks I just wanted a opinion from someone who has been in the hobby for a little bit

You always want to weigh the risk vs. reward when you fly. If your neighborhood has lots of houses it is probably not worth the risk.

It's a free country and you can fly wherever you want. Take off from your property, and fly to where u wish. No one has the right to come on to your property, not even the cops (unless they have a search warrant).

It's a free country and you can fly wherever you want. Take off from your property, and fly to where u wish. No one has the right to come on to your property, not even the cops (unless they have a search warrant).
Thats one point of view. :rolleyes:

No one has the right to come on to your property, not even the cops (unless they have a search warrant).
Or reasonable suspicion or is like that here for some LE .
And should be .

If one thinks that you are hunting illegal he can come on your land and look. If anything is open site that's illegal it's your butt :eek:
Is why ya keep the still hid good :)

Reactions: Clampit and Zach2.0
You always want to weigh the risk vs. reward when you fly. If your neighborhood has lots of houses it is probably not worth the risk.
Thanks for the help, I am just going to go to a desert are 10 minutes away from my house to fly.

If its england.....dont fly it 50m close to anyone........dont fly it 50m near a building.......dont fly it near animals........dont fly near groups or public places........dont fly it near anyone anything or even think about flying it. Well, thats if you are in england and the civil aviation authority has anything to do with it.

Reactions: JKDSensei
If its england.....dont fly it 50m close to anyone........dont fly it 50m near a building.......dont fly it near animals........dont fly near groups or public places........dont fly it near anyone anything or even think about flying it. Well, thats if you are in england and the civil aviation authority has anything to do with it.
Whats left? Open water? :eek:

Reactions: Clampit
blank stare.png
No tea today Poseiden :)
Note to self : stay my arse in Mississippi

Reactions: Clampit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl