Flying gloves

I've seen my Phantom up to a mile away, but the Spark rarely goes .5 mile using the controller, due to basic wifi communications, like P3S. Once you get into a Lightbridge communications you'll feel free and more confident to go a lot more places, branch out into hill climbs and down into valleys. It's addicting to go farther and longer. I'm giddy over the range support I get with DJI Lightbridge drones, way superior to others that only use wifi. It lets me capture things like this below, 2.5mi away.

Last edited:
I've seen my Phantom up to a mile away, but the Spark rarely goes .5 mile using the controller, due to basic wifi communications, like P3S. Once you get into a Lightbridge communications you'll feel free and more confident to go a lot more places, branch out into hill climbs and down into valleys. It's addicting to go farther and longer. I'm giddy over the range support I get with DJI Lightbridge drones, way superior to others that only use wifi. It lets me capture things like this below, 2.5mi away.
Wow, John that was beautiful! Well done!
Don’t want to sidetrack this thread and be off topic. Would love to have a P4P but right now I don’t feel my flying skills are good enough to justify the cost. With the Spark the cost is around my P3S and I would just want it to complement the P3S and for travel or hard to reach places (ie., via skidoo).

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has recommendations on what gloves are good for flying being winter is fast approaching?
I just took an old pair of gloves and cut the finger tips off. Worked good for a southeastern PA winter last year.

There are gloves with conductive index fingers, available in various glove thicknesses. They work ok but the thicker the glove the more clumsy it is to fly smooth and cinematic. You lose sensitivity and accuracy, but it is warmer.

Here's what I bought.

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has recommendations on what gloves are good for flying being winter is fast approaching?
upload_2017-10-28_9-44-55.jpeg
These work great. Seven bucks on Amazon. I've used this type of glove for years while camping in below zero weather. upload_2017-10-28_9-44-55.jpegThey keep your fingers surprisingly warm.

Or these:
fingerless gloves 2.jpg

Reactions: The Famous
Easy solution !! Shift to Queensland, Australia !! ;) Our winters last about 2 weeks and get down to a mind numbing 55DegF before it starts warming up for summer !! Hehehe.
Ya but then hew couldn,t go Snowmobiling, I vote for Sledding anyday, YeeHawww""" Cant wait

View attachment 90071These work great. Seven bucks on Amazon. I've used this type of glove for years while camping in below zero weather. View attachment 90071They keep your fingers surprisingly warm.
I used Burton Touchscreen Cold Weather Gloves all of last winter where I live up at 8'000 + feet ASL in the Rocky Mountains. I take cold weather better than hot weather!

Check out your local Cabelas, Bass Pro etc. They have Huntets Mits that have a slot for index (trigger) and thumb (safety). Index for touchpad, thumb for sticks. Works in Montana winters....

Reactions: BigAl07
Ordered this transmitter glove to try out. I’m hoping it will be large enough to fit my P3S transmitter with the phone on its clip. If not the phone can just be outside with a hand warmer.

Online Shopping Warm air transmitter glove - Buy Popular Warm air transmitter glove - From Banggood Mobile

Was out flying yesterday (0c and breezy) and tried with my iphone friendly gloves but as has already been mentioned they are ok to operate the sticks but I have to take them off to operate phone which is cumbersome. I’m hoping the transmitter glove will work with both phone and transmitter as my phone went dead yesterday just as I was getting ready to swap a battery for a second flight.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl