Flying from inside house or car anyone?

It's for home. I've had the Itelite DBS02 nearly the whole time. I'm tired of being limited so much.

If I could go 3-4 miles around my house, I would be stoked.:D
I'm getting that range, and more, out of a completely stock P4P, set on Auto 5.8Ghz, with just a $15 windsurfer from my home, but I have clear LOS in 270° from the rooftop deck, at 250 feet above sea level out to the ocean. I had your setup for my P4's and P3P's. I don't need all that any more! :cool:

That has been discussed already but a quick recap is, I know of 2 different users that has tried this ‘preamp’ method with not very good results. If I remember correctly, a sunhan got toasted in the process. Try at your own risk.
My personal opinion, I wouldn’t want to ruin a already clean and filtered signal coming from the Linx through another unit with no filters or gain control anyways.
So what are you sayin'?..... (Holds toasted golden Sunhaus behind my back)....

Reactions: JohnnyB
I'm getting that range, and more, out of a completely stock P4P, set on Auto 5.8Ghz, with just a $15 windsurfer from my home, but I have clear LOS in 270° from the rooftop deck, at 250 feet above sea level out to the ocean. I had your setup for my P4's and P3P's. I don't need all that any more! :cool:

He's right! No clue what I was thinking.
Why mess around with all the nonsense in this thread, when I can simply -
move to the beach, buy a place with a rooftop deck, and a P4P. Then all I have to do is use $15 Windsurfers!
:rolleyes: I'm sorry... feel like such a fool.

He's right! No clue what I was thinking.
Why mess around with all the nonsense in this thread, when I can simply -
move to the beach, buy a place with a rooftop deck, and a P4P. Then all I have to do is use $15 Windsurfers!
:rolleyes: I'm sorry... feel like such a fool.
House next door is for sale! But, you'll have to build your own roof deck, as I did! ;)
In all seriousness, the P4P Auto 5.8Ghz range is insane, and renders the need for the DBS 02 and amps and supporting battery moot. Even I, with my ideal location, still needed all that equipment to use the P4 and P3P. Not with the P4P. :cool:

Last edited:
House next door is for sale! But, you'll have to build your own roof deck, as I did! ;)
In all seriousness, the P4P Auto 5.8Ghz range is insane, and renders the need for the DBS 02 and amps and supporting battery moot. Even I, with my ideal location, still needed all that equipment to use the P4 and P3P. Not with the P4P. :cool:
Notice the words in your address bar right now. There is no way you're getting 3-4 miles like that.

Notice the words in your address bar right now. There is no way you're getting 3-4 miles like that.
Window glass does not interfere with Lightbridge signals. As long as you still have clear LOS, whether inside a car through the front windshield, or through a view window inside your house, the range is still the same. The only reason I fly from the roof deck is so I can fly lower over the surf from 3-4 miles away. :cool:

I
Hey people. I've been reading a ton of this thread lately (yes.... I know it's old). I've got the P4 standard and was thinking about finally rigging something up. Wellllzzz, went to go order the RF-linx Saxu amp, and... not only cannot find the amp, RF-linx is gone. I can't find like ANY outdoor amp as a matter of fact, and NOTHING about amps on this whole site or anywhere else for months. o_O:(

Am I in the Twilight Zone? What happened? Just looking for some info. If you know of a diff amp that's as good, please let me know.

Thanks!
flew my done

Ok guys. Have read pretty much this whole thread. Haha. Good stuff here. I have a question. I have the titan atlas for my MP. Would like to universal it to use with my P3P for my truck. Of course it came with the QMA connectors (quick connect). Are these a legit idea or are they prone to creating a poor connection? And if they are legit...where can I buy them!?!? I see them on a few sites without pricing. I would prefer them unless they are substandard. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Also...I have not disassembled the titan atlas panel as of yet. Has anyone else? I know there are amps but anyone know what type/size? Thanks.

I'm trying to duplicate Jeremiah's (OP) car setup. I have 3w Sunhans amps. Do I need the RP-SMA or the N Female connector to go from the amps to the antenna?
lg_CONNECTOR_RP-SMA-PLUG.JPG
PMI_CONNECTOR_N-FEMALE.JPG

Thank you

Attachments

• b4z8m9tTXQuvX_Eklvp4qgWkZYFAK5kuz_W9QQQ8c7OyIBavdiDw_OyqnapU.jpg
    b4z8m9tTXQuvX_Eklvp4qgWkZYFAK5kuz_W9QQQ8c7OyIBavdiDw_OyqnapU.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
I'm trying to duplicate Jeremiah's (OP) car setup. I have 3w Sunhans amps. Do I need the RP-SMA or the N Female connector to go from the amps to the antenna?View attachment 100817 View attachment 100818

Thank you
RP-SMA has the screw threads on the inside which would go over the Amp external screw threads. You may also need converters, depending upon the availability of the correct antenna connectors, which was my challenge. Converters lose a little power in the conversion connection.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
We can't let this thread die :)
I don't fly the old girl much anymore, but when i do i have my trusty L-Com's on board :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We can't let this thread die :)
I don't fly the old girl much anymore, but when i do i have my trusty L-Com's on board :)

That looked like a fun flight!

A recent cold day saw me flying in-cab.
IMG_5318.jpg

Can you send me links for the wires ant setup possible on amazon to make it easy to buy all at once? Thanks a ton it’s cold here in Michigan

Reactions: trevornewkirk
Just want to keep this thread going as Im a huge fan !

This is what happens when Alexa tells you it 20 mph winds but the reality is its 35 mph winds.
She also said that it was going to be 17 F but instead it was more like below zero.

I had given myself about 1 minute to get back to the car as that was about how long i could last at point break.

Just want to keep this thread going as Im a huge fan !

This is what happens when Alexa tells you it 20 mph winds but the reality is its 35 mph winds.
She also said that it was going to be 17 F but instead it was more like below zero.

I had given myself about 1 minute to get back to the car as that was about how long i could last at point break.

How is intensity of the wind any different than the speed, assuming it is a constant wind, as you stated?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.