Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I tried to download 2.9.1 but at 98% it fails the download. But I successfully downloaded 2.9.0 installed but I need to try it out tomorrow.
I will look for 2.9.1 at other locations if if keeps failing to download.

Also, do you get the warning from DJI making it manatory to upgrade?

Interesting the big brother is watching us.

Lol Steve

I have a blade inductrix to. Which is harder to fly then I thought it would be. Also glad I have it because it has been to windy here as well to fly the p4. It has got to stop blowing and or raining here soon I hope.

Reactions: Turbomania
Theres a bug in the house! You had to be using goggles right?

Lmao... Yes sir, trying out my Fat Sharks I just picked up for my Race drone.

On a side note, I hooked them up to the HDMI out on my K1 and fired up the Phantom... It worked :) very well, awesome screen! can't wait to fly it with them on.
Didn't even plan on them being an option for the Phantom when I bought them. This will take care of the glare problem I have when flying from my boat.
Come on summer :)

Turbo

Turbo, thanks for the detail video and the comparison. That's helps! How do I load the older 2.9.1 Go app on my Nvidia Shield K1. I am a IOS user and just recently purchased the Nvidia Shield K1 a week ago to use the hdmi port for my head Play goggles but the latest Go 4 app crashes all the time and the video sometimes go like your first section on your video you captured.

Can you advise me ?
Best regards,
Steve

Steve,
I loaded the Go apk file with a free apk installer from Google play store. You will need to modify a file to keep it from force updating.
I followed this thread for help. Forced Go App Update -Workaround.. they have different apk files linked out also. 2.8.3 is a good one.
I also like to run the older 1.6.0 Controller firmware with the older go app.

I was able to connect my Fat Sharks up to my K1 yesterday. I didn't fly it, but video was great!
Also note my K1 is on Android 7.0

Last edited:
Thank you Turbomania, I will try this. Let's keep in touch. I am trying to get DJI engineering to look at the Go app issues testing with the Nvidia Shield K1 in there test matrix. Wish me luck.

Also I put my k1 in airplane mode and that helps too. But the Go 4.0 app still crashes but not 2.9.1 that works very well!

Thanks for your help and let's keep in touch.
Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: Turbomania
Thank you Turbomania, I will try this. Let's keep in touch. I am trying to get DJI engineering to look at the Go app issues testing with the Nvidia Shield K1 in there test matrix. Wish me luck.
Thanks for taking one for the team and getting DJI involved, glad to see they are showing insterest in working with the K1. It's a bad boy!! it makes no sense it's not on there list.
When i was a newbie and hung out over on the DJI forum it was the Android device of choice, even the DJI reps/robotts ( lmao ) recommended it back then. now everyone gets the std. (It's not supported )... bla bla bla.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Packing for a weekend trip and got permissions to fly in a state park... (Sneaking L-coms into wife's car [emoji6] )
Tell her they are for keeping the bears away.

For those that can't get DJI go 2.9.1 to complete, here is that apk. I tried it 'till it completed. :
dji.pilot_2.9.1.apk

Did some testing today with my 9DBI Omni antennas and sunhans 3 W amps.
I realized I was getting cross talk between the transmit amp and the receive amp, I had to separate them by 7 feet to stop the crosstalk or put one antenna right above the other would also stop the crosstalk.
Just thought I would share my findings.

Larry

P.S. I have not tested to see if stopping crosstalk helps with video or distance though.

That is very interesting. The weather is changing to spring here, so I hope to be able to get out for antenna testing. I had considered a mast for home that had one below the other.

Will be testing my LED lighting tonight. Threw together a quick harness for initial "Lumen intensity" test. I hope to wire them into the front LED circuit. In place of the red ones. Should be able to turn off/on through the app.

Attachments

• 20170310_173532.jpg
    20170310_173532.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 301

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures