Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I tried a cheap magnet mount today to replace my broken l -com mount. This replacement cable was not even marked and was noticeably lesser quality. Lost signal after 100 ft.

In fact I bought those pair before reading I thought the higher the gain the better the range , which turned to be not true as I start reading about the narrow vertical angel the 25 dBi has.
However this should be a quick fix just swabbing the two antennae , still there would be a question regarding the optimum distance between the two antennae . Any recommendation

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
In fact I bought those pair before reading I thought the higher the gain the better the range , which turned to be not true as I start reading about the narrow vertical angel the 25 dBi has.
However this should be a quick fix just swabbing the two antennae , still there would be a question regarding the optimum distance between the two antennae . Any recommendation

As far apart as you can. However, mine are space about as yours are and I have no problems. I would like to space them out at somepoint.

Ive had my eye on the l-com amps. I will end up with one at some point and be done with it.
(Yeah... sure you're gonna be "done with it"... we're never gonna be "done with it"... too much to mod and experiment with. (Hits buy button randomly on amazon)...

DBI visual.png

Reactions: JohnnyB
(Yeah... sure you're gonna be "done with it"... we're never gonna be "done with it"... too much to mod and experiment with. (Hits buy button randomly on amazon)...
In fact just saying that, causes this to happen:
20170114_074051.jpg

Well, I finally got my cable and had to laugh at the absurdity of it all when it was installed.
i51bAZN.jpg

GhvrQzI.jpg

What I thought was interesting and it may simply be a disadvantage of omni's in my congested environment. I did two test flights: one with the DBS antenna w/3w sunhans and one with the omni's w/rf linx. Distance-wise they flew roughly the same, however the omni's had much more intermittent signal loss during the flight. It was much blurrier/lower quality for most of the flight when at approximately 4000'.

I'll probably have to test in other areas, but right now I'm going to fix my mistake of ordering LMR-400 to the remote. Wow, that's not nearly as flexible as I was expecting and it takes up most of the interior of my small car. haha, whoops!

Well, I finally got my cable and had to laugh at the absurdity of it all when it was installed.
i51bAZN.jpg

GhvrQzI.jpg

What I thought was interesting and it may simply be a disadvantage of omni's in my congested environment. I did two test flights: one with the DBS antenna w/3w sunhans and one with the omni's w/rf linx. Distance-wise they flew roughly the same, however the omni's had much more intermittent signal loss during the flight. It was much blurrier/lower quality for most of the flight when at approximately 4000'.

I'll probably have to test in other areas, but right now I'm going to fix my mistake of ordering LMR-400 to the remote. Wow, that's not nearly as flexible as I was expecting and it takes up most of the interior of my small car. haha, whoops!
Laughs... oh wait, I have the same thing....

Reactions: JohnnyB and cstout
Good job of wiring/configuring layout (I was just engineering (in my head that same scenario).

I am thinking (after testing city flights), the L-coms are Sooo good they hear everything.

I am thinking (after testing city flights), the L-coms are Sooo good they hear everything.

Yeah, that's what I'm suspecting as well. Now more than ever I want/need to try the channel hack to see if using an empty channel makes all the difference.

Yeah, that's what I'm suspecting as well. Now more than ever I want/need to try the channel hack to see if using an empty channel makes all the difference.

I have done it. same thing... well by my tests, you may see a difference. Remember, every location/time of flight, sunspots/flares, aunt ednas cell phone call will be different results. I try to test using litchi mission of same route every time to get accurate results with different conditions/hardware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo