Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Heck yeah it was cool! Bird didn't seem to mind a bit! Posed a couple times :)
This thread is a book I can't quit reading! So many different versions of mods, all killer.. I've tried to have patience in starting my house mod.. think it just paid off. Can't stand it no more I gotta go for it :) Man, thanks to all that share their setups!!! I enjoy seeing what other people has just as much as building my own!

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do it and don't over complicate it. I keep everything as simple as possible for quick setup and instant gratification when I so choose:)

My dad use to have a CB antenna tower/mast.. 50'. It was really popular here when I was growing up. All his fishing buddies all had them just like us and drones. That's the main reason I've been waiting... Trying to talk one of them into selling me one of those... Get me out of the hole I'm in.

How ch do you think one of those towers are? How are the set up? I just figured it would be expensive. Its ideal if you can do it.

Fricken cool video!!!

I go away for a minute and this thread gets awesome all over again... :)
The mast on each end of the house is sweet..
Look what you started Jeremiah... It's an addiction :D
For this price you can already go for L-com amps with higher Rx and less noise.
This is what counts.

Ive had my eye on the l-com amps. I will end up with one at some point and be done with it.

Reactions: JohnnyB
How ch do you think one of those towers are? How are the set up? I just figured it would be expensive. Its ideal if you can do it.
Friend if mine got one gave to him.. been in a field for a while but was still good. I would only be able to afford used.. and hope I could find a freebie.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Friend if mine git one gave to him.. been in a field for a while but was still good. I would only be able to afford used.. and hope I could find a freebie.. :)

Need to save $$$ to buy that LMR-400..:D

They used a tractor and a couple people with ropes to set it up. If I don't find something like that soon, I'll get this instead...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007RGF2WG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484316303&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=antenna+tower&dpPl=1&dpID=41QD+hOwzoL&ref=plSrch

I like these simple and effective. I like this idea to easily change out amps and antennas. The one I have in the tree needs to be changed and I cant without leaving my comfort zone.

Getting ready to test these. Couldn't believe how small they are. L-com 2.4ghz 5dbi Omni. Hopefully the performance is acceptable. Nobody would even notice then.
IMG_0803.JPG

Getting ready to test these. Couldn't believe how small they are. L-com 2.4ghz 5dbi Omni. Hopefully the performance is acceptable. Nobody would even notice then.
Oh my word...please do let us know how they perform...

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Can anyone tell me, the extra remote that comes with inspire 1 (GL658C) for 2nd person, is it the same as the other?

b2279a82d928cc42674aa63cb20a68c3.jpg

I installed those

TP-LINK TL-ANT2415D 2.4GHz 15dBi Outdoor Omni-directional Antenna, N Female connector, weather resistant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I5J2XY/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apip_V81BRCTmybq9t

And I got two sunhans 3 w golden amplifier

However the result is not satisfactory.

1- the range is very limited if I do not use the amplifiers , and I use the control signal before loosing the video feed.

2- if I use the amplifiers the control signal is very good , however the video feed deteriorate and I found all the channels have too much noise.

I understand that I can only use one amplifier on the control side , but how can I determine which side is the control one .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I installed those

TP-LINK TL-ANT2415D 2.4GHz 15dBi Outdoor Omni-directional Antenna, N Female connector, weather resistant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I5J2XY/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apip_V81BRCTmybq9t

1- the range is very limited if I do not use the amplifiers , and I use the control signal before loosing the video feed.

2- if I use the amplifiers the control signal is very good , however the video feed deteriorate and I found all the channels have too much noise.

I understand that I can only use one amplifier on the control side , but how can I determine which side is the control one .

Attach small WIFI antennas to controller. Turn drone/controller on and stand 50/75 feet away from drone. Quickly unscrew one at a time the wifi antennas to see which is which. Don't allow much time to pass while antennas are disconnected, just long enough to tell what is control/video. Another method would be to cover each wifi antenna with foil while standing far away from drone, blocking signal to identify the video/control sides.

I installed those

Well for one the preferred antenna would be 8.5 to 9dbi. Do u use the channel hack? High loss cable would give this result as well. Any details on that or did I miss it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West