Flying from inside house or car anyone?

The first one did claim a front prop and throw dirt all over the front when it landed upside down with the other propellers still spinning. The second one just kicked up dirt again. I did manage to get past those first few pesky trees on my next attempt tonight and completed a killer 13 minute flight through the woods. That video will take a while to upload so it'll be early next week before I can post it. I've actually had a half dozen good treks before last night's bump into the pines.

I don't have my tower up yet because I'm still waiting on my antenna house to get out of the machine shop. I run twin FPVLR bird side boosters and four pentalobe antennas on the P4 and have the boosted FPVLR spirals on the RC. I have 2 more pentalobes to put up high with the LTX boosters. I got them on eBay and posted the link to them in the antenna jungle way back. I've been gathering all the other parts ever since. I'm hoping to have it all up in a week or so. Then I can do this kind of flying way out there!

Does anyone know if you can reset the return to home location once you are in the air. I want to be able to drive in the desert for like 10ks and have the drone follow me but I'm
Scared if I loose signal it will return 20ks back where it started and run out of juice and crash. I'd rather it lands where I currently am.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Does anyone know if you can reset the return to home location once you are in the air. I want to be able to drive in the desert for like 10ks and have the drone follow me but I'm
Scared if I loose signal it will return 20ks back where it started and run out of juice and crash. I'd rather it lands where I currently am.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I think you can if your Tablet has GPS. Mine doesn't.
I set the RTH action to "Hover" if I'm in the woods. Autoland is also a RTH choice. In settings

Turbo

:):)

yea. You guys are fun to read! :)
but you' right about crosstalk. Not too bad tough. The amp you linked to is of type Sunhans. The antennas are small panel antennas and it will work for a setup on the RC. However, gain is not all. There are hugh differences in quality of amps. Noise and band pass filters.. Distortion, behavior at saturation point, amp curve and minimum trigger level. Sunhans trigger level is fine with short cables but too high if signal is weak. I noticed also that the both omni antennas work best when not in lime with the bird.(one covering the other)
unbeatable of course are real high gain directional antennas. Cheap and strong and perfect to block out other noise. I bought various types very cheap from yagi.pl ( note, that itelite are also polish)

Looks like you taught me a little bit IBV :) I was almost right on the Amps. I said 20 and 10, You got 19 and 8. Not bad for a rookie...lol... How about some video from Sweden my friend.

Turbo

Reactions: JohnnyB
:tearsofjoy:
The first one did claim a front prop and throw dirt all over the front when it landed upside down with the other propellers still spinning. The second one just kicked up dirt again. I did manage to get past those first few pesky trees on my next attempt tonight and completed a killer 13 minute flight through the woods. That video will take a while to upload so it'll be early next week before I can post it. I've actually had a half dozen good treks before last night's bump into the pines.

I don't have my tower up yet because I'm still waiting on my antenna house to get out of the machine shop. I run twin FPVLR bird side boosters and four pentalobe antennas on the P4 and have the boosted FPVLR spirals on the RC. I have 2 more pentalobes to put up high with the LTX boosters. I got them on eBay and posted the link to them in the antenna jungle way back. I've been gathering all the other parts ever since. I'm hoping to have it all up in a week or so. Then I can do this kind of flying way out there!

Is this what you are running bird side Dirtdroner ? Phantom4 ?
Air side booster mod kit - FPVLR

Thanks for sharing your set up and Vids !! Now that's a real Tree penetration test there... :) :) The Tree police may jump in here now.. Thanks bro...lol.. J/K :)
FPV flying is a challenge for sure !!
I don't fly any better, I just don't post my crash's.. :tearsofjoy:
For better penetration, Try smaller tree's :flushed::mask:
Like these... Ooops, didn't work for me either.

Last edited:
Is this what you are running bird side Dirtdroner ? Phantom4 ?
Air side booster mod kit - FPVLR

Yep that's the kit. if you want to kill an hour you can watch my series on installing them starting here:

There are 11 vids cause I accidently didn't shut up at the end of one section therefore one video has 2 of the 12 parts. The last one has shots of the final product.

Yep that's the kit. if you want to kill an hour you can watch my series on installing them starting here:

There are 11 vids cause I accidently didn't shut up at the end of one section therefore one video has 2 of the 12 parts. The last one has shots of the final product.

I just happen to have 3 hours to kill. I'm at work :)
I'm on this... How did I miss this mod ?? I have seen bird side amps for the P3 std's everywhere, didn't realize they had them for the P4.

Thanks
Turbo

Nice video. It needs to be that long. I see why more don't do it. Lol.
I want to try one on the video side. Never a drop out on the control side.

Last edited:
Ok guys I am about to jump in the roof top antenna pool and want opinions on my list. https://www.amazon.com/Times-Microw...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ATRDVBSZRD51TWHXCDKH Then these antennas Amazon.com: Hawking Technology Hi-Gain Outdoor Omni Directional 9DB Antenna (HAO9SIP): Electronics Now what should I use to go from the n connection to the sma? And do I need one or two of the rf linx amps? Then I guess once I get them in I will figure out how to adjust the gains.

With 50 ft of cable to the antenna's i would use the outdoor RF-Linx amp set up.
It is best to screw the antenna rt to the amp. less loss. To do that you will want a N Male Antenna. The 2400 LT Series Amps are N Female.
To get power all the way to the amp on the roof they use an Injector at the house end of the LMR-400. It looks like a small amp and that is were the power supply plugs in and diagnostic USB port.
It is also N Female. The LMR-400 from the roof screws in one port. the other N Female port is for Controller input.
That cable will be N Male on one end and sma on the other. I used LMR-195 Hyflex as it connects to the controller.
I will post up a few links in a few.

These are the Injectors, Notice the 2 LMR-400 monsters coming from the amps and 2 smaller LMR-195 cables to the controller. 2 power supplies plugged in also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8154 and Bear501
this is what my system will look like.

upload_2016-11-19_15-30-59.png

this is what my system will look like.

View attachment 69000

Nice !!! With the on bird amp you will be able to dial back the Receive Gain and get nice video.

Bear,
That is the other mounting option, a short cable from the amp to the antenna. This would be a N Female antenna. I think that one you linked is N Female.
Here is a pic of my direct mount.
A, L bracket bolts to the bottom of the amp, it comes with hardware to pole mount it.

Reactions: Bear501
That sir, is gonna be tuff!! Pretty creative I must say. Can't wait for the first vid!

I sure hope so. Those antennas are exactly matched to the ones on the bird too. Great distance isn't all that important to me but great signal through the trees is. I will probably end up with both but the higher dB sticks or panels will certainly out reach my setup. I should be able to fly under the brush a little better though. I have high hopes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe