Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I have been wondering what would happen if I connected 2 amps on video and 2 amps on control. The suhans are linear and there is not enough power coming out of the dji remote to get a full 3 watts out of the amps. I don't have any testing equipment to measure the output of the second amp being fed by the first amp but I tried it anyway and it seems to work. I connected the uav amps on my remote to 8ft of lmr240 then to the second amps attached to 50ft of lmr400. I don't have a battery mod on the p4 so I turned around just shy of 23,000ft with full signal on channel 21. I think the next step is have 2 amps in the house boosting the signal through 60ft of extension. That should send a stronger signal to the second amps on the roof which should equate to more output from the second amps.

ff7679f0cd17fc10292372981bb842a0.jpg

So, according to this picture, the Sunhans come with this same connector, so one could theoretically be put one on, in fact, with a BAC, I guess what they're called if I remember, takes the battery voltage in to a usable power range for whatever device, this case the amp. If not another battery would need to be installed. I think it will eventually be what we do. I do wish someone would figure it out and make the kit.
Jeremiah's setup weirds me out, I don't understand how he loses control first. The only thing so can think is with the amp and the upper end hawking antenna, it gets the weaker signal from the bird.
For me it's obvious and makes sense I lose the video feed way way before control, using a panel antenna on the ground. That being the only difference (besides the obvious, I can see by video he lives in a much less dense population area then me, and trees that average 40' shorter. But the height and antenna have to making up for a lot of it.
I'd actually use the amp on the bird and not even put one on the RX side at first and see if that alone, pushing TX from remote, and pushing TX from bird. If we wanted to really get distance in bad areas, maybe two amp on bird and remote. I wonder how much impact the power would be, I'll say this, they don't seem to make much impact on the 13.400mah Anker, but that battery is a beast. If that's any indication then the power use wouldn't be a problem, and two of them weight about 90grams together, so that's doable on the bird, I've read 150g it can do no problem.

By the way, u see a motor replacement is $99!? Wow, u can get too shelve motors for 1/2 that, for $100 you get the best top motors around, I think

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, so on losing control first. that happened when I first got the p4 using fpvlr antenna. I thought it was weird to. I don't know what changed but its not that way now. Now that I have the hdmi working and flying from inside the house its back to normal. I will lose video first. I also lost control first on the p3 with the fpvlr bird side mod. Remove that mod and control is restored

Hey, so on losing control first. that happened when I first got the p4 using fpvlr antenna. I thought it was weird to. I don't know what changed but its not that way now. Now that I have the hdmi working and flying from inside the house its back to normal. I will lose video first. I also lost control first on the p3 with the fpvlr bird side mod. Remove that mod and control is restored
Is it that way in the car setup, too, such that the FPV is lost first?

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Is it that way in the car setup, too, such that the FPV is lost first?
yup same thing had problems with my first p4 losing control way early. Ive exchanged that one for a different issue and ditched the fpvlr now video goes first like normal.

Last edited:
yup same thing had problems with my first p4 losing control way early. Ive exchanged that one for a different issue and ditched the fpvlr now video goes first like normal.
Interesting, so with the L-com antennas, the video goes first, but with FPVLR it's the control that goes first? I'm using my boosted DBS-02 with the P4 until I get the correct L-com antennas, and I can't try my FPVLR v2 with the P4 without upgrading that particular RC, which I am not willing to do, as it is part of my sandboxed P3P setup. Perhaps the DBS-02 is the better transmitter mod for the P4 than the FPVLR v2, for some, as yet, unknown reason?

Yikes!!!!
They look like rocket launchers!!
How they perform? Tell us!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yikes!!!!
They look like rocket launchers!!
How they perform? Tell us!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

These are 11.5dBi Wide Reception/Transmit beam antennas, just done 19,000ft unamped landed at predestinated site where spotter was. Using tripod mounted 6ft, full services no drops and that's inside and outside.

I have 2 16dBi ones to test but I am flying on stock batteries with inspire. Conditions today where 17mph winds head on too which is a shame.

Idk. I think maybe that phantom had something wrong to lose control. It did the same thing with the omnies too

Bad ***. What are they?

Should see his big brothers, 16dBi gains, put these to shame hehe, these ones are great for positioning on a tripod, very versatile.

wifi-antennas(dot)co(dot)uk/11-5dbi-wireless-networking-directional-panel-antenna.html

These are 11.5dBi Wide Reception/Transmit beam antennas, just done 19,000ft unamped landed at predestinated site where spotter was. Using tripod mounted 6ft, full services no drops and that's inside and outside.

I have 2 16dBi ones to test but I am flying on stock batteries with inspire. Conditions today where 17mph winds head on too which is a shame.

Very cool. Do u have a link to those?

Yesterday I was sitting on a park bench at Sandy Point State Park when a cruise ship happened by. From nearly 3 miles away I sitting comfortably on the bench doing this...

Thats brilliant, where could i getwind surfers in the UK ?

That was a very engaging video. You've got skills, I've got trust issues. I'm not brave enough to fly over water, and still get nervous when the link gets weak. I know it will come home, but I guess I don't believe it.

Yes, me too, im pure Chicken with the most expensive single boys toy ive ever bought, especially after reading all the horror stories on forums .

I have been wondering what would happen if I connected 2 amps on video and 2 amps on control. The suhans are linear and there is not enough power coming out of the dji remote to get a full 3 watts out of the amps. I don't have any testing equipment to measure the output of the second amp being fed by the first amp but I tried it anyway and it seems to work. I connected the uav amps on my remote to 8ft of lmr240 then to the second amps attached to 50ft of lmr400. I don't have a battery mod on the p4 so I turned around just shy of 23,000ft with full signal on channel 21. I think the next step is have 2 amps in the house boosting the signal through 60ft of extension. That should send a stronger signal to the second amps on the roof which should equate to more output from the second amps.
Hi there,
It might work well if the second amp input isn't put to overdrive and distort the signal. Would be great to hear some update once tested.
why not using Sunhans 20W boosters?
I got my car setup finilized and took the advice with 2 magnet foot omni antennas (8dbi). Seems to work. Didnt test range though..
For the house setup I use 2 tp-link. 12dbi omni antennas. Works fantastic. Will send pics.

Hi there,
It might work well if the second amp input isn't put to overdrive and distort the signal. Would be great to hear some update once tested.
why not using Sunhans 20W boosters?
I got my car setup finilized and took the advice with 2 magnet foot omni antennas (8dbi). Seems to work. Didnt test range though..
For the house setup I use 2 tp-link. 12dbi omni antennas. Works fantastic. Will send pics.

I tried last night with 4 amps on the house setup and got the p4 to 23000ft and some change easily. Can't say yet if it's better but it sure in the heck didn't hurt. It don't matter what amp u use 1 2 3 8 or even 20. From what I understand and what others have tested output is the same

I tried last night with 4 amps on the house setup and got the p4 to 23000ft and some change easily. Can't say yet if it's better but it sure in the heck didn't hurt. It don't matter what amp u use 1 2 3 8 or even 20. From what I understand and what others have tested output is the same
As I recall, Tony said only 0.55A of any booster is usable by the RC setup, and the rest is wasted. However, using different brand and different amp boosters may help avoid cross interference, which improves the signal, so it is worth experimenting. Boosted setups invariably improve range, unless they are creating cross interference.

As I recall, Tony said only 0.55A of any booster is usable by the RC setup, and the rest is wasted. However, using different brand and different amp boosters may help avoid cross interference, which improves the signal, so it is worth experimenting. Boosted setups invariably improve range, unless they are creating cross interference.
This is generally speaking not correct. It might turn out to be correct for specific setups. Amplifiers shouldn't distort to the point of digital data loss nor they are fully linear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak