Fly with no camera

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone help or advise me is it OK to fly a Phantom Standard when the camera is not operational or if the SD card is not inserted. If it is OK to fly it without the camera working is it harder to fly it without the camera working …Thanks to all

is it OK to fly a Phantom Standard when the camera is not operational or if the SD card is not inserted
Yes, it's possible.

is it harder to fly it without the camera working
The camera doesn't technically help you fly, but it could be useful if you need help figuring out the orientation of the drone. But, if you're a seasoned DJI pilot, you probably could get by without using the live camera view as a crutch.

Why are you interested in flying without a camera?

Yes, it's possible.

The camera doesn't technically help you fly, but it could be useful if you need help figuring out the orientation of the drone. But, if you're a seasoned DJI pilot, you probably could get by without using the live camera view as a crutch.

Why are you interested in flying without a camera?
Thanks for the reply …No, not me I know nothing about drones or how to fly one. One crashed down from above my home just missing a 5 year-old girl that was playing on our front path leading to the front door. I was concerned on two fronts the safety aspect re built up area lots of house and was it filming the little girl at play. The explanation we got was it was being flow (for the very first time) by a ten year-old boy and the camera was not operational and the SD card was not inserted …I had my doubts at the time and still do that this was flow by a ten year-old that had never flown a drone before. Because when I had sight of it sometime before the crash it moved around with what I would call precision. I tjought to come one here for some insight from those that know ...Ask an expert so-to-speak

was it filming the little girl at play
Drones are rarely close enough to anyone to film anything useful. People look like ants on the ground.

If you're really interested in finding criminals, you should be hunting down the people in your neighborhood with cell phones. Nearly everyone has one and they can easily and clearly record people without them noticing.

Reactions: MTO
This drone was just above the roof of house when I first had sight of it. The filming is secondary my main concern is safety because it fell just missing the little girl and I wanted to know if it's possible that a10 year old (flying a drone for the fist time) could indeed fly this drone without a camera ...BTW I don't need to find criminals I need to know what is and is not possible ...Calm down don't be so defensive ...I'm not anti drone ...Might even get one :)

This drone was just above the roof of house when I first had sight of it. The filming is secondary my main concern is safety because it fell just missing the little girl and I wanted to know if it's possible that a10 year old (flying a drone for the fist time) could indeed fly this drone without a camera ...BTW I don't need to find criminals I need to know what is and is not possible ...Calm down don't be so defensive ...I'm not anti drone ...Might even get one :)
Yes it can be flown by a 10 year old without a camera or sd card. Could also explain why he crashed it. I let kids as young as 6-12 fly my P3S, and P4P PLUS at the school I teach at.

I wanted to know if it's possible that a10 year old (flying a drone for the fist time) could indeed fly this drone without a camera
DJI drones are incredibly easy to fly. Camera or not, any 10 year old could likely fly one.

Calm down don't be so defensive
I wasn't trying to defend anything -- just here keeping it real my friend. Drones aren't able to easily film little girls (or anyone) at play.

Thanks for the reply …No, not me I know nothing about drones or how to fly one. One crashed down from above my home just missing a 5 year-old girl that was playing on our front path leading to the front door. I was concerned on two fronts the safety aspect re built up area lots of house and was it filming the little girl at play. The explanation we got was it was being flow (for the very first time) by a ten year-old boy and the camera was not operational and the SD card was not inserted …I had my doubts at the time and still do that this was flow by a ten year-old that had never flown a drone before. Because when I had sight of it sometime before the crash it moved around with what I would call precision. I tjought to come one here for some insight from those that know ...Ask an expert so-to-speak
Welcome,bit confused on post but I reply,,where did it crash ?on your house ?or did someone retrieve it or ?..agree with all above posts,people do look small unless right in your face,we just assume they are looking because it aimed that way ,its our instinct to think this.....Yeh drones are good if in control of it,,,I had a mates age 6 boy watch me long enough to fly it,kids now very clever,,,you can also fly these things with no phone or app conected and without sd card they can't record nothing so your safe there....do you have the drone or talk with owner,,it's possible sd card could have been removed but sounds like someone not know how to fly proper,,,;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.