Fly, land, shut props off and still record?

Reaction score
Is it possible to fly the Mavic and land on top somewhere. Then shut the props down and still film? I was thinking this would save battery life.
E.g If you're in a location waiting for a race to start that's a distance away.

I suspect it would work. I often just use the P4 camera while testing without the motors running. Yes, battery life is extended much like in the simulator mode.

Is it possible to fly the Mavic and land on top somewhere. Then shut the props down and still film? I was thinking this would save battery life.
E.g If you're in a location waiting for a race to start that's a distance away.

depends on the distance, but if its any thing other then pretty close away, when you go to land you might be below a tree/house/even a bush and then you would loose signal.

It's always dangerous when landing somewhere not close to you

Hard to say for sure without shipped units...recording will most likely not be effected by flight status, but there is some landing intelligence that happens with the Mavic that we don't know many details about yet (it seems it may be more or less auto-landing even if you attempt to set it down manually).

One of the coolest drone shots I've ever seen was done using this idea; landed in the hands of a camera op and followed, handheld, straight into a building. A continuous shot that wouldn't have been possible before UAVs.....Similar to this (can't find the one I saw)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic