Flight record of P3S spiralling into the sea

the threads on the props are plastic. they should be snugged on well before flight Abrupt/hard acceleration and braking can loosen the props. Especially a combination both in a short sequence. Rare, fortunately, but has happened. Be sure props are on snugly before flying.
Given the way the threads are handed counter to prop rotation in flight acceleration (increasing RPM) will tighten them. ESC braking is the only flight condition when they may loosen. Given the nylon threads allow for deformation during installation this should provide sufficient friction to prevent a spin off if they are appropriately snugged down and the threads are in serviceable condition. My props are always tighter than when installed after a couple of flights.

Is it required to use the supplied wrench that secures the motor while tightening the props? Or is holding the motor with one hand and tightening the prop with the other good enough?

I hold the motor and just snug it good,no tightening is necessary.I have one that sometimes I have to use the tool to remove tho.

Everyone out there conquer?

If in doubt Frank use the gripper that came with drone. Now there are seeds of doubt in your mind ensure you take all steps to dispel them.

I've flown in windy conditions and only used thumb and finger to hold the motor to tighten props. I'm also progressive with the control sticks.

I lost my P3S into the lake not far from the house, I was going for distance and reached 1400 meters when the drone drifted with the wind and went behind a stand of pine trees and of course lost signal, I was almost positive it would return home like it was suppose to. Well, it did what it was programmed to do. There are three things the P3S can do when it looses signal, Hover, Land or Return Home. I had failed to change that setting to return home and instead it landed like it was suppose to. Trouble is, it landed in the lake. Now I make sure my new P3S and other drones are all set to Return Home. No one's fault but my own.

Reactions: anotherlab

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez