Flight Record Analysis Help

I'm sure you're probably right, but I always try to calibrate when I've moved that far. Maybe its the pilot in me knowing I crossed a couple of isogonic lines and want to "correct" the compass. I don't think it hurts, and I certainly don't think that caused the problem in this case. For the time being I don't have to worry about it.
The major reason for the compass calibration is to account for the influence of any components forming part of your drone on the magnetometer. The more frequently you perform a calibration the greater the chance you have of acquiring a bad one.

I'm sure you're probably right, but I always try to calibrate when I've moved that far. Maybe its the pilot in me knowing I crossed a couple of isogonic lines and want to "correct" the compass.
Here's a good explanation of what calibrating the compass actually does and why traveling any distance is irrelevant.
Read a few posts past this one:
Compass calibration
I certainly don't think that caused the problem in this case. For the time being I don't have to worry about it.
As mentioned in post #8, the compass related messages all came after the crash.
There is no hint that the compass was in any way involved with losing a motor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164