Flight Battery P3Adv

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently purchased an accessory package for P3 Adv which included 3 flight batt. and circuit board 3 batt charger. But when I attempted to charge the three, only two would charge. The third batt briefly flashed one green bar for a cpl hours and then went completely dead. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of trying to return thru Amazon. Is this thing toast? BTW, I just joined and I really appreciate your forum. It Rocks! grjs

Hi there TP - I'm also with the ambulance service here In England!
To begin with, press and hold each battery "ON" button for FIVE SECONDS. How many of the green LED's light up. All four the battery has plenty of life (not charge) left in it, three, 80-90%, two 50-60% and one 30-40% see pages 17-21 of the user manual for battery info.

Reactions: TorontoParamedic
Hi there TP - I'm also with the ambulance service here In England!
To begin with, press and hold each battery "ON" button for FIVE SECONDS. How many of the green LED's light up. All four the battery has plenty of life (not charge) left in it, three, 80-90%, two 50-60% and one 30-40% see pages 17-21 of the user manual for battery info.

Thanks Cheddarman. I used to hang with the chief of the North Derbyshire (sp?) service. Much of what we do here is modeled after London EMS. As for the batt, it is completely dead, no LEDs at all. No matter how I try to charge it or how long, it just will not take a charge.

Have you got a multimeter? Put it (on volts) on the terminals of the battery and push the "ON" button - anything there? If not, knackered, possibly a broken connection but probably because it has been allowed to lie discharged for too long. If one is going to lay a LiPo battery up it's recommended that it be left at 50% charge.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
las
Hello all. I recently purchased an accessory package for P3 Adv which included 3 flight batt. and circuit board 3 batt charger. But when I attempted to charge the three, only two would charge. The third batt briefly flashed one green bar for a cpl hours and then went completely dead. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of trying to return thru Amazon. Is this thing toast? BTW, I just joined and I really appreciate your forum. It Rocks! grjs
t resort maye try this one:

Battery Hibernation solved

Reactions: 3rdof5
I have read, if you leave it plugged into the factory charger, sometimes, it may take a couple of days for a battery to come back from dead.

Presume you are using an official DJI charger - you say you got three of them in your "package", are they working? Put a voltmeter on the terminals - I get 17.39v open circuit.

Let us know if the batteries "wake up"!

Last edited:
Have you got a multimeter? Put it (on volts) on the terminals of the battery and push the "ON" button - anything there? If not, knackered, possibly a broken connection but probably because it has been allowed to lie discharged for too long. If one is going to lay a LiPo battery up it's recommended that it be left at 50% charge.

It was flat when I got it. I may have got a few millivolts out of it initially. I guess at this point cracking it open to look for a bad solder connection since it sounds like its as good as garbage at this point. **** it. Its annoying b/c they're not cheap. But I have 3 good ones.
Thank you though.

I have read, if you leave it plugged into the factory charger, sometimes, it may take a couple of days for a battery to come back from dead.

Tried, but I will try it again with only using DJI charger and not touching any buttons. I wish that guy who seems to be the battery expert could share those details he says DJI doesn't want him to share, because I know ni-cad, not these new flight batteries, but I am ready to break it down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.