Flew P3 Pro Yesterday for 1st time - WOW!!!

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have posted, been busy with life and trying to put a drone-based business together, but I waited until I got my first shipment of merchandise in before flying the Phantom 3. I had to take one out of my inventory to use as a demo to fly around San Diego county where I do a lot of recreational flying, and after getting it set up I was really impressed with the product. It is such a step forward from the P2 I can't begin to tell you. I know many of you on here are current P3 owners and would agree. Those that are still flying P2's, it is probably worth the upgrade. If you are in San Diego and want to check out or fly the P3 or Inspire, let me know. I will set something up.

Having owned a P2 with the H3-3D gimbal, I always thought the GoPro camera technology would be superior to anything DJI put out. WRONG! I am not a camera snob, but I have to tell you that getting a HD image back to the controller via Lightbridge is a huge upgrade. The gimbal wheel takes a little getting used to compared to my old set up (used a Futaba 14SG), but that is just a matter of fine-tuning the app. The gimbal and stable flight of the P3 make it seem as though you are looking at a still photo if you are just hovering, which is impressive.

Speaking of the app, I am impressed. A lot of control over a lot of functions on the P3. In fact, I have just scratched the surface of the features of the app.

So I know a lot of you are currently P3 owners, and now I know what a lot of you are crowing about - just a serious step forward (did I mention it seemed a lot faster and responsive too?) from the P2.

If you are in the market for a new DJI product, give me a shout.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I'd love to upgrade to a P3A or P3P. I have a Phantom 2 Non-Vision now, been putting a lot of FPV money into it, and got it pretty much where I want it to be, so I'll fly it for a while. But I'd love to eventually sell it and upgrade to a P3. In a way, I think this P2 and all I'm doing to it is giving me a better understanding on how all of this stuff works, and how it all ties together. i am even thinking seriously about building my own quad. I have access to a bunch of 3D printers, and found a pretty nice one, so that might be my winter project.

Very jealous though... :)

I'd love to upgrade to a P3A or P3P. I have a Phantom 2 Non-Vision now, been putting a lot of FPV money into it, and got it pretty much where I want it to be, so I'll fly it for a while. But I'd love to eventually sell it and upgrade to a P3. In a way, I think this P2 and all I'm doing to it is giving me a better understanding on how all of this stuff works, and how it all ties together. i am even thinking seriously about building my own quad. I have access to a bunch of 3D printers, and found a pretty nice one, so that might be my winter project.

Funny thing is, I probably would not have upgraded if not for the fact I am starting a business selling them, I was happy with my P2 and it had served me well. I do not fly as a business so it more than met my needs recreationally. I have taken delivery of all the "flavors" of the Phantom 3 and most of the popular accessories, and also the Inspire (including the Inspire Pro). I am going to open one of those up probably on Wednesday and get it ready to fly as a demo model. I have never flown the Inspire, so it will be interesting. Hopefully the projected "El Nino" still allows for plenty of flying days this winter in Southern California, as I plan on doing a lot of flying of both platforms this winter.

I'm sure once you fly the Inspire, you'll toss the P3 out the window... LOL! Just kidding of course... I've never flown either one, but I'm sure I'd like them both!! :)

Here in Rhode Island it's been unusually warm for November, but it's also been very windy the past 3-4 days, so I haven't been able to fly. Supposed to be in the upper 50's to low 60's this week, we hit 75 on Friday...

I really liked my P2 non-vision - and like you I had sunk a lot of money into it (ground station, extra batteries, FPV) - but I have to say the on-board functionality of the P3 professional and the camera blew me away too. I think if you flew a Phantom 3 - you'd probably sell your P2 in a heartbeat lol (that's what I did)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20