Flashing Yellow lights - help!

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and, equipped with a Phantom 3, I have flown it only briefly, under the supervision of a son-in-law, who' s good at it! I returned to England recently and flew it briefly for a few minutes before the system cut in and the drone landed itself.
Since that, I've been unable to launch again, as one set of lights is flashing yellow which is telling me that the Remote controller signal is lost - but I can't get it back to green.

I checked a Youtube which told me to try the reset red button on the drone, and that the light would turn yellow. It didn't, and stayed flashing red.
How can you help? Please......!!
Timor

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and, equipped with a Phantom 3, I have flown it only briefly, under the supervision of a son-in-law, who' s good at it! I returned to England recently and flew it briefly for a few minutes before the system cut in and the drone landed itself.
Since that, I've been unable to launch again, as one set of lights is flashing yellow which is telling me that the Remote controller signal is lost - but I can't get it back to green.

I checked a Youtube which told me to try the reset red button on the drone, and that the light would turn yellow. It didn't, and stayed flashing red.
How can you help? Please......!!
Timor
Welcome!

Did you see any of the videos explaining how to relink (rebind) the RC with the AC?

Which P3 model do you have?

Welcome!

Did you see any of the videos explaining how to relink (rebind) the RC with the AC?

Which P3 model do you have?

Hi, and thanks,
No, I haven't checked those specific vids - I'll give them a try first.

Its a SSID Phantom3 74caOb - make sense?

What my phone is telling me is there is no Internet connection when I shift to the Phantom3 Wifi, after I've turned the drone on...

Thanks,
T

What my phone is telling me is there is no Internet connection when I shift to the Phantom3 Wifi, after I've turned the drone on...
This is normal and one of the most asked questions. It makes sense to have that message since you are connected to your P3 and it is not an internet source.
It not unusual for people to confuse "WiFi" connection with internet access. The two are not the same.
Hi, and thanks,
No, I haven't checked those specific vids - I'll give them a try first.

Its a SSID Phantom3 74caOb - make sense?
That narrows it down to a couple of different P3 models such as the P3S and the P3-4k for example.

Try this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks again, here's the model I bought -
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
back in 2017 - does that tell you more?

I looked at that Youtube you sent; it looks like it should work. However, I can't get to the password on my iphone to enter the password again - doesn't give me the option. How can I do that first? Thanks

the model I bought - DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
Great. That confirms it was my first guess - P3S - though I was already almost certain.

I can't get to the password on my iphone to enter the password again - doesn't give me the option. How can I do that first?
I don't have a P3S, but I would expect your iPhone to behave the same as it does with any other WiFi network. It normally would save the password once you've entered it and successfully connected the first time.

Hi Oso, yes, strangely the other two wifi options I have for my phone do work - but then here's what it's telling me for the Phantom . So I am assuming that if I could re-enter the password, (it was set up on another network, but that shouldn't make the difference - should it?) then it might re-set itself. Here 's a screen shot .
Thanks

Attachments

• Wifi connection.png
    Wifi connection.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 850
Hi Oso, yes, strangely the other two wifi options I have for my phone do work - but then here's what it's telling me for the Phantom . So I am assuming that if I could re-enter the password, (it was set up on another network, but that shouldn't make the difference - should it?) then it might re-set itself. Here 's a screen shot .
Thanks
To me, the screen shot you posted shows that your phone is already connected to your remote controller's WiFi network.

Reactions: JoBe and Pharm
Great. That confirms it was my first guess - P3S - though I was already almost certain.

I don't have a P3S, but I would expect your iPhone to behave the same as it does with any other WiFi network. It normally would save the password once you've entered it and successfully connected the first time.
Here's a vid of what I'm seeing on the drone- thanks

Thanks Oso, but below the Wifi it says "No internet connection" and the bars are crossed too. Surely that not correct??
Trying to send you a vid I took of the drone but it's to big to send and I;m trying to zip file it in the i-phone.
T

Thanks Oso, but below the Wifi it says "No internet connection" and the bars are crossed too. Surely that not correct??
Trying to send you a vid I took of the drone but it's to big to send and I;m trying to zip file it in the i-phone.
T
I already explained to you earlier in post #4 above that it is normal to see "No Internet Connection" since your P3 does not provide a connection to the internet . Perhaps you missed it in my post from yesterday afternoon (US time).

Perhaps read through these search results to see the same as I've explained. :)

Last edited:
Timor, you said

"Since that, I've been unable to launch again, as one set of lights is flashing yellow which is telling me that the Remote controller signal is lost - but I can't get it back to green.
I checked a Youtube which told me to try the reset red button on the drone, and that the light would turn yellow. It didn't, and stayed flashing red."

First off, forget the phone.
You don't need it to get the drone to reconnect to the remote controller.

When you push the link button on the bottom of the drone, It should start flashing red and start beeping
This means that it is searching for a good signal from the remote controller.
When it establishes a good link with the remote it will turn solid Green.
While it is flashing red, turn your attention to the remote controller. The power lite on the remote controller, will be red, meaning it has no link to the Drone.
You now need to put the remote control into link mode. When you get it into link mode it will start beeping as well.
the power lite on the remote and the link lite on the drone will both turn solid green and stop beeping when they have reestablished and good link..

On your phone, it is doing everything exactly correct. DJI GO app uses a wifi connection to the REMOTE, not the drone, until the controller is linked.
the wifi indicator on your phone will tell you there is no internet connection, which is precisely correct. there isn't.

To get the remote control into link mode, power it on, pull the gimble pitch knob all the way towards you and hold it there.
Then take the S2 switch( the one on the left front corner) and toggle it back and forth 3 times quickly. The remote should start beeping. meaning it is looking for the drone.

I know I'm wordy, and hopefully you have already seen this on YouTube.

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse. I own 3 Phantom 3 Standards and have done this many a time.

Reactions: Nightwolf
Timor, you said

"Since that, I've been unable to launch again, as one set of lights is flashing yellow which is telling me that the Remote controller signal is lost - but I can't get it back to green.
I checked a Youtube which told me to try the reset red button on the drone, and that the light would turn yellow. It didn't, and stayed flashing red."

First off, forget the phone. You don't need it to get the drone to reconnect to the remote controller.

When you push the link button on the bottom of the drone, It should start flashing red and start beeping
This means that it is searching for a good signal from the remote controller.
When it establishes a good link with the remote it will turn solid Green.
While it is flashing red, turn your attention to the remote controller. The power lite on the remote controller, will be red, meaning it has no link to the Drone.
You now need to put the remote control into link mode. When you get it into link mode it will start beeping as well.
the power lite on the remote and the link lite on the drone will both turn solid green and stop beeping when they have reestablished and good link..

On your phone, it is doing everything exactly correct. DJI GO app uses a wifi connection to the REMOTE, not the drone, until the controller is linked.
the wifi indicator on your phone will tell you there is no internet connection, which is precisely correct. there isn't.

To get the remote control into link mode, power it on, pull the gimble pitch knob all the way towards you and hold it there.
Then take the S2 switch( the one on the left front corner) and toggle it back and forth 3 times quickly. The remote should start beeping. meaning it is looking for the drone.

Many thanks - looks great info; I’m about to try it out- wish me luck!
Thanks again
T

Hope I'm not beating a dead horse. I own 3 Phantom 3 Standards and have done this many a time.

Agreed. Hopefully he has already seen all of that in the YT video I linked in post #4. Method 2 in the video shows how to link with no phone or tablet.

Mr PsSmith - you're a star! I think it's worked!
Got the r/c tuned with the drone now and lights have changed to green. Very tempted to see if it will fly but it's dark now and i'm nervous! Many thanks though. Will let you know if it flies!
Thanks again,
T

Agreed. Hopefully he has already seen all of that in the YT video I linked in post #4. Method 2 in the video shows how to link with no phone or tablet.
Thanks Oso, i was too hung up on the internet connection and the phone to pay proper attention. However, many thanks for your help! Really appreciated. Hopefully, I can fly it tomorrow!
T

Reactions: Oso
The next morning and sadly, it's not working...... back to the same problem, flashing lights but no change to green..... not sure where to go from here because first time, when I followed instructions, the green lights clicked in and it looked to be working!
T
Here's what it looks and sounds like....

Attachments

• Drone vid short.MOV.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 266
Timor, sorry I work during the day.
Your video shows conflicting information. Remote connected(solid Green) Drone disconnected (quick yellow flash) this is not unheard of for the P3S.
The P3S is known for it's being Twitchy.
First, Take the Props off of it! Your not trying to fly it, you are trying to get it to work.
Second, You absolutely have to follow start up procedures to the letter of the law.
Turn everything off. Make absolutely sure that the remote and the drone battery are FULLY charged.
Turn them on in this exact order. Remote first, Then phone, THEN Drone.

3rd Try the link procedure again. But watch the Link light on the drone! Ignore the phone. You can worry about that later.

Until the drone and the remote controller agree, all else is mute. Don't assume anything. If it doesn't work, start over.

Once you get this accomplished, you shouldn't need to do it again.

If you have the manuals, Read them from Front to back. If not, Go to DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help. You will find absolutely everything you didn't want to know about DJI Drones plus a lot more. Failing all else, go to phantomhelp.com, pull down the phantom 3 standard, go down to reference, Phantom3 and select the Summary PDF.

DJI help and support is useless. The Phantom series must have been one of DJI's first shot at writing software. And I don't think they ever got it right!

The phantomhelp page should become one of your friends. That and PhantomPilots forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers