Fixed point for video

Reaction score
New to this forum . Looking to buy phantom 3 advance
This quad from what I understand has follow me feature as well as fixed point focus
I think I'm right in the fact follow me uses a smart phone , tablet useing the wifi
Focus on a fixed point? Is this focus point use gps coordinate or focus on a wifi signal
The dealer here in Reno nv couldn't answer my question
Thx

The Phantom 3 Advanced does not use WiFi.

The "Follow Me" function uses the GPS function of the smartphone (or tablet if so equipped).

The DJI Pilot app won't do this but third party apps will (there are several apps, some for Android only and some for iOS only).

Keep in mind that follow me mainly uses the display device that is tethered to the controller. However, Litchi's app can follow or focus on a "remote" device but that device still needs to be within Wifi distance of the controller.

The DJI Pilot app won't do this but third party apps will (there are several apps, some for Android only and some for iOS only).

Keep in mind that follow me mainly uses the display device that is tethered to the controller. However, Litchi's app can follow or focus on a "remote" device but that device still needs to be within Wifi distance of the controller.

Part of this is true. Litchi's leach app does NOT use wifi or Bluetooth. It relies on 3g/4g services that connects to a server and then pairs (by pin number) the primary device with a secondary device. The secondary device now relays the GPS coordinates/barometric data back to the primary>RC>P3. You can technically get the P3 to fly to another country where the paired device is if you have enough juice.

Part of this is true...It relies on 3g/4g services that connects to a server and then pairs (by pin number) the primary device with a secondary device....
Do you mean it connects to a server on the Internet? Wouldn't there be a lot of lag if that's how it works?

Do you mean it connects to a server on the Internet? Wouldn't there be a lot of lag if that's how it works?
I think the server is located in UK. I'm from Australia and I get 200-300ms lag. Its not that bad as there is already a slight GPS lag. The advantage is that you get unlimited range provided you have 3g/4g services.

I think the server is located in UK. I'm from Australia and I get 200-300ms lag. Its not that bad as there is already a slight GPS lag. The advantage is that you get unlimited range provided you have 3g/4g services.
Thanks for the reply. I have the Litchi app but was wondering how that worked and I'm the type that lets others try these new things before I attempt them. I think I'd rather just use the phone/tablet connected to the app in follow me mode so I could take over just in case. I see where carting that around when you are on skis, bicycling, or surfing, would be difficult. So it would be a better alternative in those cases but they would still have to stay in range so someone could land the P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl