First timer Needs help.

Can you try the whole process on a different device maybe, just to rule the device out?
Have you tried a clean re-installation of the Go app?
Clean re-installation as follows;
Force stop the app
Clear the app cache
Uninstall the app
Shut phone off
Turn phone on
Re-install the app

Reactions: pumpkinman
Sorry you are still having issues. If everything is being done correctly... I would try to activate from someone else's house. Barring something being somehow defective, I would wonder if your wifi router/firewall is blocking the outgoing connection.

Any chance you can download an app called AZ screen recorder? That way you can record what your phone is doing and post it on here so we can see and may be able to help you out even more [emoji4]

I was just reading on the Playstore site all the problems people are having with Go and the Galaxy S phones. I wonder if there's any relation to this?. What about installing an older version of the app?

Did that to still nothing.?

Pumpkinman I read your replies to my questions thanks, nothing jumps out at me yet as to cause. I too don't have a P3S and I'm on IOS (iPhone/iPad) so my set up is a little different to yours, but we can persist, understand your frustration - like all of us, when things are new or unfamiliar, can be so frustrating , hang in there - it's usually a process of logical elimination. Others have asked questions since you replied to mine - can you advise / status?

To me your biggest challenge appears to be getting DJIGO app to work via internet (via wifi) on your phone. Dji was correct you don't need data on phone as long as you have wifi which you do, for this activation. Any chance you can do a screen shot of phone connected to wifi with DJIGO app showing 'no internet connection'? This seems to be the area to focus on - as something not logically right..
Let us know

Hi all, just joined up and this issue is word for word identical to mine. Phantom arrived yesterday, and being trying to register it since. Followed the video to the word, still no joy. Oh well, it sure keeps it crash proof.......if it cannot get in the air lol. Any further ideas would be great, just to save a little hair. Regards. Geoff

Hi all, just joined up and this issue is word for word identical to mine. Phantom arrived yesterday, and being trying to register it since. Followed the video to the word, still no joy. Oh well, it sure keeps it crash proof.......if it cannot get in the air lol. Any further ideas would be great, just to save a little hair. Regards. Geoff
DJI GO appears to connect to my home wi fi, and it asks me to activate, then it tells me there is a connection issue? Must be the android mobile I am using, yet it downloaded the GO app ok. Awaiting delivery of a new tablet, hope it connects a lot better. Will advise.

Tried an Ipad, all done, in seconds. Must have been the android phone. The android operates the Phantom with the GO app now, so it will do until my new tablet arrives. It should be all flying very soon.

I just got my p3 today and had the same problem. 5 calls t o dji and reviewing the post here. The last dji representative walked me thru the procedure the same as the other guys but he did say when it got to that internet connection message to use my phone, at this time the phone is connected by wifi to the drone,switch the wifi connection to home wifi go back to go app, complete registration, then reconnect phone wifi to drone and finish. then take it out to where it gets a good gps lock, and start it up. It worked fine after that. hope this helps, if all else call DJI on a separate phone so you they can talk you thru it and you have the drone phone doing just the connecting.

Reactions: Loz and pumpkinman
You might try starting the drone, props off, make sure you have a spot where it should be able to get a gps signal since you will be trying to start it without the phone. if it starts then it shows it is a phone problem not a drone issue. That is what they had me try and It started and finally got the phone figured out. good luck I feel your pain I am 55 and not tech savvy.

Can you try the whole process on a different device maybe, just to rule the device out?
Have you tried a clean re-installation of the Go app?
Clean re-installation as follows;
Force stop the app
Clear the app cache
Uninstall the app
Shut phone off
Turn phone on
Re-install the app
I have yes nut will keep trying . I know the drone is ok its me or the phone.lol. keep getting heavy magnatisim in hose i have large car subwoofers im sure are doing it i wonder if doing it outside would work?

Last edited:
Sorry you are still having issues. If everything is being done correctly... I would try to activate from someone else's house. Barring something being somehow defective, I would wonder if your wifi router/firewall is blocking the outgoing connection.
i womderd that to but it lets everything else threw. but maybe it is blocking the app will look into this. Thanks.

Any chance you can download an app called AZ screen recorder? That way you can record what your phone is doing and post it on here so we can see and may be able to help you out even more [emoji4]
ill get it on here i can do a video of what i do and get. better yet.
I just got my p3 today and had the same problem. 5 calls t o dji and reviewing the post here. The last dji representative walked me thru the procedure the same as the other guys but he did say when it got to that internet connection message to use my phone, at this time the phone is connected by wifi to the drone,switch the wifi connection to home wifi go back to go app, complete registration, then reconnect phone wifi to drone and finish. then take it out to where it gets a good gps lock, and start it up. It worked fine after that. hope this helps, if all else call DJI on a separate phone so you they can talk you thru it and you have the drone phone doing just the connecting.
That is my process. to the t.

You might try starting the drone, props off, make sure you have a spot where it should be able to get a gps signal since you will be trying to start it without the phone. if it starts then it shows it is a phone problem not a drone issue. That is what they had me try and It started and finally got the phone figured out. good luck I feel your pain I am 55 and not tech savvy.
Well i have tried this with no luck. i wanted to test them. But everyone says i cant unless i activate it.? but why do they say if not activated its limited. How do you do this with out phone.

Tried an Ipad, all done, in seconds. Must have been the android phone. The android operates the Phantom with the GO app now, so it will do until my new tablet arrives. It should be all flying very soon.
i may go get an iphone 6 staright talk has refurbs for cheep even if it is the drone i will still send it back to dji and will still need iphone anyway. at least with data it should activate. so i hope.lol

hey - a little trick I used. Go mobile hotspot on your phone and connect to that. My P4P+ console would not see my home wifi but it saw the hotspot so I connected with that and succeeded.

hey that sounds like a good idea the mobile hotspot will remember that if ever having trouble again. Ok, I just took my p3 outside (not sure if it need gps lock) NO PHONE or wifi connected to drone. set S1 to position closest to me rearward, S2 is in forward most position, and pulled sticks back and to center and held for a few seconds, motors started! I could not get them to start indoors just fyi.

hey that sounds like a good idea the mobile hotspot will remember that if ever having trouble again. Ok, I just took my p3 outside (not sure if it need gps lock) NO PHONE or wifi connected to drone. set S1 to position closest to me rearward, S2 is in forward most position, and pulled sticks back and to center and held for a few seconds, motors started! I could not get them to start indoors just fyi.
In beginner mode, the motors will not start without gps. When beginner mode is disabled, the motors will start with no gps. Remember this once you've eventually disabled beginner mode. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez