First time connecting, says Gimbal is disconnected

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just opened my new Phantom 3 and tried to connect it to the app, but the camera isnt showing anything on my phone screen and when I click on the status it says gimbal disconnected. I did all the steps the instructional videos said to do when starting up the drone, but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. I also have tried to do an gimbal calibration but when I click confirm on the poppup nothing happens, and I can't even click on the button for the IMU calibration because its greyed out. Help???

you did connect the drone and the controller in your wifi settings didnt you.....

Sorry wasn't meant to be patronising....have u the latest firmware installed....put it on the ad card and fire the drone up...should install..everythings charged...yes...drone and controller paired.....cant think of anything else

Hey all,

Just opened my new Phantom 3 and tried to connect it to the app, but the camera isnt showing anything on my phone screen and when I click on the status it says gimbal disconnected. I did all the steps the instructional videos said to do when starting up the drone, but nothing seems to be fixing the problem. I also have tried to do an gimbal calibration but when I click confirm on the poppup nothing happens, and I can't even click on the button for the IMU calibration because its greyed out. Help???
You may have figured this out by now, but I just did a firmware update on both aircraft and remote of my Phantom 3 Pro. I spent hours trying to figure out why the Gimbal was disconnected. Red light showing on the RC, too. I had no problems until now...and THEN I decided to relink the RC with the aircraft. Why the link would disconnect after a year and half following an update fails me...but that fixed it. Try relinking your devices following the instructions in the manual - page 28.

Having to re-link the RC and the drone is not all that un-common. I flew my P3S the other afternoon and everything was fine, but later that evening I tried flying it and (1) I got no video downlink at all, (2) I couldn't change flight modes while the 'copter was in the air, and (3) the 'copter responded erratically to my control stick inputs (so bad that I had to set it down about 200 yards from where I wanted to just to keep it from flying into a lake). I packed everything up and went home, where I discovered the reason: the RC and the drone simply needed to be re-linked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues