First flight with my P3A !! RTH failed?? Good video quality??

Reaction score
Hi guys I just tried my P3A for the first time!

And of couse i tested the RTH feature, but i found it strange that when I pressed the button on the RC, the after 5 sec the Drone just started landing, it was about 10 meters from saved home point, but it didnt do anything else than just start landing, so i was needed to cancel the RTH so it didnt land on a roof.
I tried it 3 times, but same result.

Is this normal or shouldnt it be more close to home? I had FULL GPS signal 15+ sattelites
I managed to get the log out of the drone (yay!) but we/I use it to see what happended?

Also what do you think of the camera video quality is it good? i read some saying some of the cameras was out of focus. Everything here is recorded with the settings set to "auto".
(seems like it got a little "redish" after i changed it in Movie Maker)
And also what about the sound, how do i get that to work when recording?

Best Regards Nicolai!

when I pressed the button on the RC, the after 5 sec the Drone just started landing, it was about 10 meters from saved home point, but it didnt do anything else than just start landing
That's as designed. Your Phantom will land at its current location when not more than 20m from the home point.

Reactions: Holrits
That's as designed. Your Phantom will land at its current location when not more than 20m from the home point.

Okay, so if not more than 20m it will just land, but if im more than 20, it will land at the "start" position / home point? :)

Thanks for the fast reply!

iu

Reactions: JBG and Wolfiesden
if not more than 20m it will just land, but if im more than 20, it will land at the "start" position / home point?
That's correct.

The Phantom 3 does not record sound. However, you can add a soundtrack afterwards via some kind of video editor.

The Phantom 3 does not record sound. However, you can add a soundtrack afterwards via some kind of video editor.

hm im just wondering yesterday i tried to livestream from it at my home office, and there was sound on it :O just thought it was the Phantom that recorded it

It was the sound recorded by your mobile device. The Phantom has no microphone on board.

Normal. If you are <20m from Home Point it just lands where it is. Go out a few hundred feet & try again.

Hi guys I just tried my P3A for the first time!

And of couse i tested the RTH feature, but i found it strange that when I pressed the button on the RC, the after 5 sec the Drone just started landing, it was about 10 meters from saved home point, but it didnt do anything else than just start landing, so i was needed to cancel the RTH so it didnt land on a roof.
I tried it 3 times, but same result.

Is this normal or shouldnt it be more close to home? I had FULL GPS signal 15+ sattelites
I managed to get the log out of the drone (yay!) but we/I use it to see what happended?

Also what do you think of the camera video quality is it good? i read some saying some of the cameras was out of focus. Everything here is recorded with the settings set to "auto".
(seems like it got a little "redish" after i changed it in Movie Maker)
And also what about the sound, how do i get that to work when recording?

Best Regards Nicolai!

I noticed you were flying right above the rooftop & trees. I suggest adding a bit of altitude to be safe until you get the hang of things. It is easy at a distance to misjudge. Also be sure to set your RTH altitude in the app. You want to make sure it is well above any obstacles you might encounter along the way. It's best to err on the high side! Also remember the RTH setting is in meters only.

It was just so close to buildings so i was afraid of flying to far away :p

Regarding the sound, it would be mostly useless to have it record audio. I had a Syma (before she got lost in a tree) which recorded sound. The sound of the rotors drowned out everything and got pretty annoying to listen to. That little bird was a lot quieter than a Phantom.

And, don't forget to manually reset your home point if you move away from the previously marked home point. You don't want your Phantom to try returning to the old home point when you're right next to it after it lands.

I noticed you were flying right above the rooftop & trees. I suggest adding a bit of altitude to be safe until you get the hang of things. It is easy at a distance to misjudge. Also be sure to set your RTH altitude in the app. You want to make sure it is well above any obstacles you might encounter along the way. It's best to err on the high side! Also remember the RTH setting is in meters only.

Yes, i have set The RTH attitude to 30 m :)

Regarding the sound, it would be mostly useless to have it record audio. I had a Syma (before she got lost in a tree) which recorded sound. The sound of the rotors drowned out everything and got pretty annoying to listen to. That little bird was a lot quieter than a Phantom.

Thats true :) just wanted to hear it, and see if it was possible :)

Another thing, i tried the "follow me" feature, but when i tried to Press "apply" it kept saying, "not enough gps signal", is this my iPad gps signal? Still dont understand why it shouldnt have enough signal, standing outsite facing the sky :(

And also, i a cannot enable The IOC in The app? Its "grayed out"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1