First Drone Footage!

Amazing footage! Nice slow moves. Good camera movement. And an awesome location. You could probably sell this footage and fetch a pretty high dollar.

If only! Not a clue where to start honestly, networking isn’t exactly my specialty :) I appreciate the comment! It always makes me happy to see people enjoy something I’ve made.

Last edited:
HermitPurple: Lovely footage and well-chosen accompanying music. But I wanted to see much more of the landscape within a video of that duration. As I've said before, limit edits to about 5 seconds in length to keep people's attention. (Therefore, I would say you've got a maximum of 20 seconds of usable beautiful footage within that two minutes - which is a great start.) Also good to see you using clean jump cuts with no gimmicky transitions, which usually look out of place when showing natural landscapes. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Reactions: HermitPurple
HermitPurple, nice video! Sometimes the rule book needs to be thrown out. Only in limited cases, though. I like the way the music seemed to get brighter as the subject view became lighter, and how you changed scenes with the music. It made me want to visit.

Shot this in the mountains of NC. Would love to hear everyone's opinion on it. Any constructive feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Watch in 2k for best quality
Filmed the morning after Eclipse, Phantom 3 Advanced. ND 8 Filter, 100 ISO

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Stunning. Outstanding job.

Really good ! Where did you get the music ?

The music is from The Cider House Rules Soundtrack. I had an image in my mind for a scene with a narrator at the beginning, maybe an intro into a film or documentary- and when I heard that track it just felt right.

HermitPurple, nice video! Sometimes the rule book needs to be thrown out. Only in limited cases, though. I like the way the music seemed to get brighter as the subject view became lighter, and how you changed scenes with the music. It made me want to visit.

Thank you!! You should definitely visit sometime. The Blue Ridge Parkway is right around the corner and the views from the lookouts are quite stunning, especially during sunset/sunrise with low altitude clouds/mist.

Reactions: Brother Dave
HermitPurple: Lovely footage and well-chosen accompanying music. But I wanted to see much more of the landscape within a video of that duration. As I've said before, limit edits to about 5 seconds in length to keep people's attention. (Therefore, I would say you've got a maximum of 20 seconds of usable beautiful footage within that two minutes - which is a great start.) Also good to see you using clean jump cuts with no gimmicky transitions, which usually look out of place when showing natural landscapes. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Yes of course :) I plan on making more in the near future. I already have a few locations planned out, one in particular I am overly excited for. Unfortunately for this shot my time was limited due to constant weather changes, so I had a very limited window of opportunity before the next storm came through (within an hour of shooting it was back to heavy rain and dark clouds) Thank you for commenting though! I very much appreciate the feedback.

Hey guys! I managed to visit our local mountains again, for 3 days I went out at the crack of dawn in hopes of capturing that super early sunrise with ideal conditions. Yesterday seems to have paid off :) This is just a small clip from the full video I'm working on, but I'd still like to get your opinion on it. You might recognize the location. It's quite astonishing how a few hours difference can really change the overall look and feel. Please look forward to the final version! Hope you enjoy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: ArmyVet

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic