First Drone Footage!

Reaction score
Shot this in the mountains of NC. Would love to hear everyone's opinion on it. Any constructive feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Watch in 2k for best quality
Filmed the morning after Eclipse, Phantom 3 Advanced. ND 8 Filter, 100 ISO

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
My god..this is one of the best videos I've seen..the music reminded me of Lord of the rings movie..fitting music for a great video such as yours.than you so much for sharing this with us

HermitPurple, very nice footage- well done! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Amazing! I wish we had the scenescapes on the prairies that I’ve seen come out of North Carolina! Good work my friend!

Let me know if you want me to post this on my Twitter feed

Exceptional. The music choice was appropriate - just about had me in tears. Beautiful country out there and I live in Colorado! You didn’t get any great eclipse footage?

Exceptional. The music choice was appropriate - just about had me in tears. Beautiful country out there and I live in Colorado! You didn’t get any great eclipse footage?

No, Unfortunately it wasn't a total eclipse where I was staying, and fairly cloudy as well. There was a slight temperature difference and it got a bit darker, but nothing more really. I would have loved some footage of that but sadly it wasn't meant to be. Speaking of Colorado, I've never been there but I'm definitely making it a goal to visit someday. Amazing landscapes you have. Hopefully I'll be able to travel and do drone work at the same time, live the dream :) Glad you enjoyed my video!

Shot this in the mountains of NC. Would love to hear everyone's opinion on it. Any constructive feedback or tips would be greatly appreciated! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Watch in 2k for best quality
Filmed the morning after Eclipse, Phantom 3 Advanced. ND 8 Filter, 100 ISO

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Great video, good job!

Very nice video. Where in NC did you shoot this video? We have property south of Hot Springs that I want to shoot. Again very nice. Dave

Any time you get undulating terrain it makes for nice shots... add in some mist... kaboom! Winning!

Very nice video. Where in NC did you shoot this video? We have property south of Hot Springs that I want to shoot. Again very nice. Dave

Northern NC near Boone. Fairly close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, off hwy 421. Hope that helps

Last edited:
Wowsers. If that really was your first video footage, that is truly amazing. As others have said, reminiscent of the Lords of the Rings landscapes, music to die for, and a production to put professional video editors to shame. You really need a job with Industrial Light and Magic. Totally awesome video. Very well done.

Best wishes, Dave W

Beautiful video, love your camera movements. Slow and steady always wins, well done!

Thank you. I've been showing off your British Columbia footage to friends, we've taken a couple canoeing trips up to the Boundary Waters years ago, and your film is prompting us to make another visit. Have you ever thought about what you wanted to do with drone work ? Nature Documentaries, Movies?

Reactions: John Conrad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers