First crash

Reaction score
Saw some deer today in a field by my house so I thought I would go check them out. Flew over to them and they got spooked and ran into a ravine, so I followed them into it. I was only about 20 - 30 feet above the tree tops in the ravine. The hills on both sides are about 300 feet high and I had my return to home hight set to to 200 feet and then i lost my connection and return to home kicked in and ran straight into the hillside. not too much damage, broke all the props, the shell is a little scuffed up and the mount for the gimbal was broke. I put some jb weld on the gimbal mount, replaced the props, and straightened the shell best I could.

The only thing I'm a little worried about is snow got into the battery compartment so I'm gonna let it stay warm by the woodstove finite so it will dry out and the jb weld will cure and hopefully shell be OK in the a.m.

So.....I learned a valuable lesson today lol won't do that again......I hope

Pic... Or it didn't happen [emoji13] but glad your drone came back tho, sorry to hear about the crash... But hey.... Chicks love a battle scar [emoji6]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would've posted the video but my computer said the SD card was corrupted so I lost all the footage on the card

IMG_20161215_221140.jpg
IMG_20161215_221313.jpg

Reactions: Neon Euc
What do you mean all I have to do is attach the camera to those rubber things and then put the anti drop pins in and it should be fly Worthy I'm just holding the camera out of position so you can see the J-B Weld in the picture

IMG_20161215_224121.jpg
IMG_20161215_224203.jpg
didnt Have prop guards on lol I think I'll be able to fly it tomorrow well see.....see what I mean maybe the other pics looked worse

Lol I was thinking about it as I was having a ciggie, but.... It's all looking good. Just a replacement shell, and a few camera bits and bobs and it's pretty much ok. As long as the control board isn't cracked and the motor spins I reackon you can fix that between $60-100 no problems [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jordanhess0319
Yea the Shell's a bit off but as far as the rest of it goes I attached the camera and put a battery in it about 20 minutes ago and as long as the J-B Weld holds I think it'll be okay all the motors powered up and spun and the gimbal moved and adjusted like it's supposed to. I'm not to concerned with the cosmetics as I am with performance. Well see if she's airworthy tomorrow haha....(staying positive)

I would order a new gimbal mount for sure. You don't want to lose your camera in mid air to drop and get destroyed as that is a very costly mistake that would cost a lot of coin to replace. The gimbal mount plate is only around $15 from when I ordered parts last week.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94