Firmware Upgrade help on P3A

Reaction score
Trying to upgrade the bird to 1.2.8. Red and Green flash but also yellow will flash. A beeping sound is heard as well. After about 5 minutes the red and green stop flashing but it's still beeping. I read another thread but wasn't sure if this was normal by that thread. Should all lights quit blinking??

Now when I put the SD card in after removing it and turn it back on it is beeping very loudly and continuously. Just changed to a different pattern of beeping too. The camera light is blinking but no other lights are.

Oh, now it just changed. Stopped beeping loudly. Red lights on the arms steady, yellow flashing. No more camera flashing red and green. It is making some sound like a hard drive writing loudly though. This is nerve racking... .

DJI said to wait for 25 minutes regardless of what sounds or lights are flashing or not flashing. So that's what I'll do. They also stated the following for reference.

After upgrading firmware, you can find the TXT file which generated in the SD card root directory. The file name with AB means the record for the drone and GS means controller. If the log says Success , it means upgrading process is successful. When Failed, it means the process is unsuccessful and you need to do it again like before. If Abort, it means your firmware version is the latest and unnecessary to upgrade it again. If there are still problems or errors existing, please find and open the hidden folder named MISC in the root directory of SD card. Send that LOG file to us.

Well that's the weirdest dang upgrade I have ever seen. But it worked. The unit never did stop flashing or making sounds but when I waited past 25 minutes and turned it off, it had upgraded fine. Now cooling it off and will recalibrate the IMU and see how it goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl