Firmware Update Required on 1.1.9

Reaction score
I just took my Phantom 3 out of the box. I watched the videos and am ready to use it. Unfortunately, I am getting the "gimbal motor overload" message as well as "firmware update required." I have removed the plastic clip and the foam from the camera. I also calibrated the gimbal, but it still doesn't sit straight. It came running version 1.1.9, but I do not want to update due to the many issues with the new update. Any options here? Thanks.

I had the same issues you described. I updated and the only issue I've had is uneven horizon especially after excessive yaw motion (which is how I fly sometimes so it's quite a bit) I haven't seen some of the other issues people described but I would make sure you calibrate the compass on your tablet as well

Well I updated and I still have the gimbal motor overloaded notification. Also, the camera won't sit straight.

Well I updated and I still have the gimbal motor overloaded notification. Also, the camera won't sit straight.
After you updated, did you do an IMU calibration, and a gimbal calibration?

After you updated, did you do an IMU calibration, and a gimbal calibration?
I did. No change. I believe the gimbal was damaged in transit because the plastic piece that was supposed to be stabilizing it was roaming free in the box when I unpacked it. I am sending it back to Amazon for a replacement.

I did. No change. I believe the gimbal was damaged in transit because the plastic piece that was supposed to be stabilizing it was roaming free in the box when I unpacked it. I am sending it back to Amazon for a replacement.
Good move, mine was also loose, but fortunately it did not suffer and damage.

Wooow you updated from 1.19 with more problems. When you searched good you find that the gimball problem overload is caused by the app and not the bird. So you make it yourself a liitle harder with the new firmware. Also had the overload problem and get back to app version 1.10 and gone are the problems also the problems with the suddenly restarting the dji app. So find a old app version 1.10.

I think the gimbal issue is more related to 1.20 of the app... not the drone firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic