Firmware, Go, and P4

Reaction score
Due to work and weather I've not flown for probably 2 months now, and that brought me to looking at all the updates that have taken place since then.

What's the safest P4 firmware, Controller firmware and Go version I should be using? I'm seeing reports of low range, birds flipping and powering down to the ground, power losses, GPS going unreliable, very poor out of date maps, with no real time telemetry... all in all some pretty bad nightmare scenarios.

I tried 1.8 on the controller when that came available, I quickly went back to 1.6 when I found I could fly 100M max before losing video. Has that been fixed? Was it a firmware/app compatibility issue?

Not sure which firmware I have in there at present, but reading about GPS being way out and birds flying away has be justifiably concerned. Then I see another update and it's like... Should I??? or should I just stay on whichever one it is currently, probably Sept or so of 2016 firmware and November Go app.

Phantom 4 (original)

Anything I should be avoiding?

Thanks in advance people

Be good to know what's wrong with 312? Helps users and hopefully dji..
Lots of discussions about this mate.

Basically if your on android and have that version of DJI go then what happens is when your drone takes off the recorded home point will be a few miles away. A lot of people lost their drones this way as they didn't notice and when they hit their RTH function... Well.... That was it

Neon Euc

Reactions: vally
No issues with iOS 4.0.3, I've been flying today and it lands at my feet (well pretty close).
Great .. i will test by tomorrow! Happy to be back again .. as i've been away for 2 month .. Thanks!

Be good to know what's wrong with 312? Helps users and hopefully dji..
Exactly everyone assumes that it's something to do with the application they will and no way considered it might be outside interference or something like that and then they don't report it to the app developer so they have no idea how to fix it and then everybody gives the app a bad name I just don't think it's right I think it's a very simple issue in most cases and in most cases it has to do with interference I've always had the newest software and never had an issue yet with a fly away

Exactly everyone assumes that it's something to do with the application they will and no way considered it might be outside interference or something like that and then they don't report it to the app developer so they have no idea how to fix it and then everybody gives the app a bad name I just don't think it's right I think it's a very simple issue in most cases and in most cases it has to do with interference I've always had the newest software and never had an issue yet with a fly away
Are you on iOS as it's an android issue

Neon Euc

Are you on iOS as it's an android issue

Neon Euc
No ios, I use a galaxy note 5. And i have since upgraded. And the only issue ive had, was a time when above my house it said image transmission disconected. But went away quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20