Figured out iOS DJI GO App Map not displaying fix.

Reaction score
Really quick (because I have a drone job to do tomorrow), if you switch the map view to directional by tapping on the little red/green/blue compass arrow, meaning the map rotates in the direction you are facing while holding the remote controller, and end the app with that setting enabled, the next time you open the app, the map is grayed out. If you switch the view back to normal (North facing up), end the app and re-open, it's fixed.

I spent hours today trying to figure out a fix because I have a drone job in Chicago tomorrow that is going to be on the news, so I could not afford to not have this work.

I hope this helps others who have the issue. That's why I'm posting this.

Last edited:
Are you able to reproduce that issue? I followed your steps on both the current version of DJI GO and DJI GO 4 (on iOS) and the map displayed as expected after restarting DJI GO.

I have that problem using a iPad mini 2 with my p3s. I bought a cheap huawei mediapad t3 7 for $89.00 from Walmart and it works great. I can even see the screen in direct sunlight with it.

@That Cicero Guy, were you flying with a mobile device that was not connected to the Internet? I could reproduce what you described above after caching the maps and putting my iPhone in airplane mode.

I have that problem using a iPad mini 2 with my p3s. I bought a cheap huawei mediapad t3 7 for $89.00 from Walmart and it works great. I can even see the screen in direct sunlight with it.
Hello I was wondering how that Huawei Mediapad is working so far. The new Go app is killing my Ipads. Gray maps and locking them up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan