Fell From the Sky--Prop Spun Off?

Got a bit of good news just moments ago from DJI. They're determined that this one is on them and will be repairing the drone at no charge. I should have it back by this time next week. So this weekend starts with good news and next weekend starts with flying.

What was the reasoning for them covering it? I had a very similar issue and mine is on its way back now.

What was the reasoning for them covering it? I had a very similar issue and mine is on its way back now.

It's under warranty and it had been flown correctly.

Got a bit of good news just moments ago from DJI. They're determined that this one is on them and will be repairing the drone at no charge. I should have it back by this time next week. So this weekend starts with good news and next weekend starts with flying.

Awesome looks like I had similar issue. I was flying just about 10 ft from me after a minute or so of flying and prop just random came off, drone crashed and camera broke off. Any tips on dealing with DJI?

I followed the instructions on the web site for submission. Followed up with a phone call. Be prepared to be enqueued for over an hour. I'm guessing their influx of calls has spiked since Christmas.

I followed the instructions on the web site for submission. Followed up with a phone call. Be prepared to be enqueued for over an hour. I'm guessing their influx of calls has spiked since Christmas.

nice, ya i keep trying to do the chat option online but the wait is so long I keep missing their response. You weren't happening to be using a third party app to fly when your crash happened did you? I'm worry they may just void my warranty on that alone...

So what did they determine the cause of the crash to be?

The rep I spoke to didn't know--only that they regarded it as a malfunction of some sort so I was not responsible.

nice, ya i keep trying to do the chat option online but the wait is so long I keep missing their response. You weren't happening to be using a third party app to fly when your crash happened did you? I'm worry they may just void my warranty on that alone...

I was using DJIGo.

Well, I got word a couple of days ago that the repair of it will be covered under warranty. The reason is listed as: Warranty per flight data analysis.
So, this is good news. The bad news is that apparently it's being repaired and sent back to me vs being replaced even though it was only the 2nd flight. Guessing they are going to say that since it was on the 16th day that it crashed, that it isn't eligible for replacement since it wasn't the 15th day or under. My luck.

I am almost positive DJI refuses warranty claims on prop spin offs since it is 100% pilot error. They need to be tightened down.

Not necessarily. If a motor stopped dead, the prop would spin off. Could be a bad motor, bad ESC...

-slinger

ESC - would result in an immediate motor stop and a lost prop. More likely than active braking causing the prop to come off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESC - would result in an immediate motor stop and a lost prop. More likely than active braking causing the prop to come off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was hovering for 4.9 seconds before it fell. No braking, active or otherwise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl