Feedback for DJI: please listen

Reaction score
ThePhantom is a great and innovative product bringing a whole new mainstream user to a previously niche hobby. You have an enthusiastic and mostly supportive user base at this website who have read your materials, bought, used and reviewed your product and have intelligent feedback and suggestions. This forum is for us to formally list our suggestions, not rants, for improving your product in subsequent firmware and hardware upgrades. Colin, we hope you read and implement, where possible, these recommendations..First, mine:

-please write your manuals in English where we don't say WTF after reading it and trying to understand it
-please provide a maintenance section in the manual on recommended maintenance and replacement, including lubrication, cleaning, stress fatigue, and crash damage review and repair done by owner
-provide guidelines on lifting weights, water resistance and what to do in case of water contact
-review accessories, by weight and benefit,ie. props, battery, video, gimbal, and which plugs and connectors are accessed
-review transmitter signal by distance strength, interference issues, and battery life by type, temperature and time.

basically my $200 camera has five times the info that my $1000 phantom/gopro has, and there is no reason why we shouldn't have a manual like any bike/barbecue/skateboard/RC plane/iPad that costs the same.

Any other suggestions?

I don't think they know all the answers to your questions. Unlike a camera, I think thousands of Phantoms are made, not hundreds of thousands. I don't think they can afford to do the research such as water resistance and other things you mention. I think, like a mousetrap, they built a product using mostly existing parts supplied from others.

That being said, I would love more information on what they do know quite well. The programming and how it works and why it behaves the way it does.

True enough Darrel, but we could probably group-source the answer to most of those questions from the users and have DJI compile it, update it, and make it available with their product updates. Basically we are the beta testers.

Roadkilt said:
True enough Darrel, but we could probably group-source the answer to most of those questions from the users and have DJI compile it, update it, and make it available with their product updates. Basically we are the beta testers.

WE CERTAINLY ARE THE BETA TESTERS!!! :ugeek:

Dji should at least register (phantompilots forum) a member of their USA distribution chain as a liaison to english speaking members that are having technical issues or need product support/pricing/specs/troubleshooting.. IMO :idea:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic