Fastest Micro SD Card

Here's my real life test of this cards against three other competitors:
Just a clarification. Are you showing that the P4 writes faster than the P3 (hardware limited to 7.5MB/s write speed) or simply just comparing cards for use in the P4?
I'm asking because I've seen your P4 videos in the P3 discussion pages a few times now.

BTW - I've enjoyed your videos. You have a great voice and personality on screen. I hope you do more. Cheers!

Thank You!

Yes, my goal was to simply show the differences in the cards performance.

Just a clarification. Are you showing that the P4 writes faster than the P3 (hardware limited to 7.5MB/s write speed) or simply just comparing cards for use in the P4?
I'm asking because I've seen your P4 videos in the P3 discussion pages a few times now.

BTW - I've enjoyed your videos. You have a great voice and personality on screen. I hope you do more. Cheers!

Reactions: Oso
Is there a typo in the specs of the Phantom 3? According to DJI the P3A has a write speed of 40 Mbps(5 MBps) and the P3P @ 60 Mbps(7.5 MBps). I had found a good deal on some cards and posted in the General Discussion forum and there is some debate on needing better cards.

These are the cards I posted about. Two 32 gb cards for $17.
http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-High-Pe...ar+32gb+micro+sd+card+ritz+camera&sdsrc=staff

At a 20 MBps write speed they should be plenty fast enough for the Phantom 3. Or am I missing something?

Just came to know from here, that Samsung has recently released their 256GB card which is also having 95MB/s writing speed which is also able to record 4K videos too. I am planning to buy that card for my P3, any one has already used it? Any experience with this card?

AFAIK, the phantom 3 doesnt support more than 64GB.
That's the advertised limit, but most larger memory cards work just fine too.

Larger sizes sometimes work depending on the card but a rating of class 10 UHS-1 is max speed. Class 10 UHS-3 also works but will not go any faster. I haven't tested this personally that's just what documentation says.

Would something like this work in the P3S? Not sure how good Samsung is over SanDisk. I thought the owners manual recommended SanDisk.
Lots of different brand cards work.
I've used many brands including Samsung with no problems.

I just searched the Standard manual and can't find any recommendation for Sandisk or any other brand.
Here's what it actually says:
The Phantom 3 Standard comes with an 8 GB Micro SD, but also supports Micro SD cards with a
capacity of up to 64 GB. It is recommended using a UHS-1 or Class 10 Micro SD card to minimize
the delay when reading or writing high resolution image files.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj